Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Whats the point?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the point?!

I got the new DirtWheels today with the reveiw of the new Kawi and all I have to say is what is the point of the new V-Force?! Who wants a high performance quad with an auto tranny?! It takes away all the fun and control!! To me and prolly most people the clutch is half the fun!! I mean I'd understand if your over 50 and are having a mid life crisis and can't handle the clutch then you might want this but what percent of the population is that? 1? I can almost guarantee that noone under 30 will want this unless they are conpletly lazy or don't know how to ride. Sure it might have power but I'm sure the auto tranny slows it down, I bet the Raptor out accelerates it badly. Also just think how hard an over 500 lb. quad is to manuver! AHH! I could keep going with why this quad is pointless and a waste of money but I'm not gonna cause I'm getting sick of thinking and typing. Sorry if I pissed anyone off this is JMO.

Old 02-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

Not trying to start a war here, the RAPTOR might just have it's hands full (a stock rap ofcourse) with the 700. I have been riding manual clutches for 20 years, yes they are fun,no I'm not lazy, no I'm not going to buy a 700, and I'm not speaking for myself everyone is different just like you posted your thoughts. I know the raptor is king of the hill and I would have never argued this point if I have never seen the performance for myself, I have never seen an auto that you can bring up the front end set it back down and bring it right back up with no problem, most autos lose thier momentem and only slip back out, this thing doesen't do that, it begs for more. I have a 500 scrambler and it isn't even in the same ballpark , yes the weight might be a problem but what do you expect for an V-twin torque motor. Only time will tell what will happen, mageziene racing doesen't prove jack s&#@ anyway, I hope I haven't made anyone mad, later scram. peace!!

Old 02-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

hmmm.....sounds like someone might be worried that the little ol' force might be leaving the raptor behind....oh that would be humiliating to be waxed by an auto trans on the motocross track.....

i have a 5 speed mustang.....i prefer the stick in it......i have a 02 zzr 1200 i would'nt want an auto trans in it......now i have a 03 prairie and i prefer the auto trans in it......so its all in what you want....your like your shiftable trans .....cool.... but if i would have wanted another sport quad i would have bought the force i think in a 4wheeler that auto rocks !

Mojjo
03 650

Old 02-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Nope, didn't make me mad. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Old 02-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Well i just wanted to say i got smoked by a raptor up in the snow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I knew i didn't really have a chance but you should have seen the guys face i asked to race me... i thought he was gonna die laughing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Hey gave me a thumbs up for the effort and i told him i would race him again when i get my 700 kawi[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Bottom line.... We had a good time and some fun riding.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Ah but wouldn't it be fun to pass some chong on the Kawi while you were waving with your clutch hand. You can ride it like a bull...yah yah...thats it, ride it like a bull.

Old 02-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

I think everyone should wait and see, this could be a new segment for the sport quad that even more people would enjoy. I lived in MI for 6 years and use to race local snowmobile races up there, snowmobiles use the auto (CVT) type trans and they are not slow by anymeans, most people have no experience with snowmobiles and how they perform in their environment. Seems like I read somewhere that some snowmobiles have even been seen at some sand drags with rollers on the skis and they were beating almost everything that went up against them, this with a CVT and definitly out of their environment. I believe the turning point for quads will be when they are able to produce a lightweight CVT sport quad (less then 425 lbs) that produces some serious hp and torque, and handles like a true sport quad. With all this said....I still love my new raptor.....this is a great time for all quad riders, all the competition between the manufactures makes it better for us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

A) Most Corvettes sold are automatics
b) I quit thinking I had to shift to be cool after I went through puberty

Old 02-27-2003, 01:46 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

It might end up being the Biggest Bad A** Quad on the market or it might not. I also agree that it is not for everyone. Either way, it isn't necessarily Better than all of the Manual Shift Sport Quads, just Different. I like the idea of Different.

I'm keeping my KFX400 because it has it's high points, just like my KFX700 will have it's advantages. Either way, It's all Good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2003, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

its like an A$$hole, everyone has one, some are one. i think the ole Kraptor is in for hiney kickin.

it also looks like someone has put alot of $$ into there crap tor. hey, anyone think the craptor is unbeatable? chat with alltoys.

when people get scared they start talkin crap, because its an unknown.

Quick Reply: Whats the point?!