Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mounted Holeshot ATR Tires Today---Problems !

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounted Holeshot ATR Tires Today---Problems !

UPDATE:

I had the Goodyear Mudrunners remounted today. Of course on the jackstands they have perfect dimensions as I run the quad. Off the jackstands and on to pavement. Of course they ride as perfect as always. It's too bad the ATR's that I got were not good. I think the tread design and the fact that's it's a radial would have served me well.

On another note, the local company that I bought the tires from is called "Magic Racing" They were nice enough to go through two sets of tires and 3 mountings for me and not charge me a dime ($120 value). That's why I have been doing business with them for 13 years. Their service is outstanding. Consider them for your next purchase.

Old 03-06-2003, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

lol lets see how long that post lasts before the internet police getcha jeff![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Folks the dealer said my steering was a little out and reset the toe in to with 1/16". We'll see if that corrects my 30mph wobble when I ride tomorrow. Either way, off road where atvs are supposed to be, I absolutely love the atr's. Sorry again to hear your bad luck jeff.

Old 03-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Lightman.

Old 03-06-2003, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer

WATCH OUT FOR MUD LITES TOO !!!
NOBODY CARES ANYMORE, QUANITY NOT QUALITY !!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Alot of tire companys sell blems and shops will pass them off as first runs. I get a chance to buy them all the time and I turn them down just to save a problem.( Last ones were titan 27X10X12 589M/T for $23.00 a tire). What happens alot to first run tires is the tire mounter does not strap the tire and over inflates the tire and brake the belts or cords then it is out of round I have seen this alot latley with people buying mail order tires and trying to mount them there self.

Old 03-07-2003, 07:46 AM
Trailblazer

Count Me In,Class Action That Is !!!!!

Old 03-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I just rode 40 miles today, and am happy to report the atr's were flawless. Since my toe-in was corrected, the 30mph wobble on pavement is gone. It has shifted to a 55mph wobble. This is fine as 55mph on concrete is not a good idea in my book anyway. On the trails, they bite and hook up 10 times better than stock, have zero wobble, track straight, and generally kick major a$$!.

I wish I would have done the black spring sooner. Slap me twice because I knew about it before I even got my quad, now I'm putting it on at 600 miles with a half worn belt. The take off is definitely more immediate/direct, and it seems there is a slight bit less belt noise. Best of all I know I've taken the proper steps to get maximum belt longevity, and can finally stop worrying about it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Range Rover

just had my toe checked it was 1.25 from the factory, had the dealer set it at 1/16 going riding today will see if the wobble is gone

Old 03-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

VT, they said mine was out about that much from the factory as well. My 30mph wobble changed to 50, weird. In any case, I dont generally ride on pavement, so they rock. Let me know if the same thing happens to your wobble! Maybe they need to go in all the way instead of out 1/16" if this is the case....

Old 03-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Range Rover

lightman I will let you know tomarrow going for a ride

Quick Reply: Mounted Holeshot ATR Tires Today---Problems !