Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Super Charged P650

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Charged P650

LOL,, my head is still spinning from our chat last night about this and the other things we discussed! I'd also like to see some pics if you get a chance.

Old 04-08-2003, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: alltoys
I finished it 2 weeks ago before adding experimental cams all I can say is grab onto something and hold on because as Scootdog once told me I might leave a star fish impression on the seat after take off LOL. New horse power rating is 76hp at 5500 rpm with new cams 84hp. There is very little piping involved where the turbo charger was extensive. I have a single side draft delivery carbon slide carb with a 165 jet. This carb is like a double pumper where I can rock crawl or put the hammer down and hold on. I have it so I can either use the blower or disengage it. I have a number of screws measureing 1 3/4 up to 2 1/2 inches that can be installed at any time so far with the smaller 1 3/4 screw I get my 84hp. So far I am limited to 8psi boost as pump gas will predetonate with a compression ratio of 8.5 to 1 or greater.

You might think this is enough horsepower but I am trying to hit 100hp and 100mph that is my goal. The next modd I will try is a compression ratio of 6.0 - 1. Why 6-1 you might ask, well this is the magic number I have to go to so I can up the boost pressure to 18psi this will undoubtedly put me up to 100hp or blow the pupy to kingdom come. To do this I have to cut new pistons as there are no pistons for the 650 where someone actually wants to decrease compression ratio, go figure!!! I started to pull the motor last night in anticipation for the ultimate Super Charged P 650 will keep everyone posted as things progress. This is the last thing I am going to do for my 650 I have put well over 1000 hours into tweeking the Green Macine so this is the end.
Nice, sounds like fun! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Alltoys : I say this with all due respect and awe...YOU ARE NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yellow,
The blower I had from my early days of racing a Harley, she's an oldy but a goody.

Nyroc,
I will have some pics come your way soon as I put the quad back together I decided to pull it apart last night to make way for altered pistons. I will definately send you some I would like to wait for better weather conditions as the snow is nicely melting and the roads are rather muddy, makes for a messy ride.

Roscoe69,
last week I had the opertunity to race a bored, piped, jetted Raptor and a 60hp Banshee. I toasted them both up to 300 ft that is when that darn cdi held me back but I had to wait for them for 3 seconds to do so LOL. I might have to give that predator a head start LOL.

Unfortuneatly the blower is not water proof or mud proof but I am sure with an additional snorkel it could be as close as possible. The cdi is the major stumbling block I desperately need timeing advance and rpm. With 18 psi on a basic stock block, valves etc I have to go with 6-1 compression ratio mixed with water to cool the detonation. The water injection is something I have not had a chance to play with so I am on new ground this is why this is the last modd I am going to do whether I acheive 100hp or not this is it. As Easteregg put it wifey needs some tweeking too.

Shotgun,
We should talk sometime about clutching I have some ideas, along with yours we could put together a winning edge.

Old 04-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

alltoys,
I read an article in a bike mag about a turbo kaw 1500 vulcan, water injected as well, compression ratio has a whole bunch to do with it for sure, as the true compression ratio varies due to boost pressure, I also rembered that on my cdi box in my royal, they had a couple of retard curves for blown/nos applications, but the rpm limiter still went to 8K on that unit, natural aspirated they had 4 advance curves...just throwing out ideas..good luck with the project, sounds kewl...

Old 04-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Surveyor,
I would like to stay with pump gas just more feaseable to run this way I don't have to look for a super race shop in the next city to get fuel. The cdi is a major boost although I have a program that will work in 2wheel drive but it will not work going through the 4wheel drive box things get hot and shut down not good. Another 2 weeks I should have it back together ready for more testing. The weather will be better then also much better for testing and picture takeing. You have always been informative in your approach to suggestions I welcome your input, should call you Master Surveyor. Look for another post called More CDI News.

Prairiewrench,
It was good talking with you the other night I hope I put you on the path of higher tinkering.

Old 04-09-2003, 03:55 AM
Pro Rider

ifn i make the haul in july... do i need to buy a hahns device? i`ve got a neck collar and firesuit already.
i was also gonna buy you a chute!!

keep the preparation H handy!!!