Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Calling all Mojave owners!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 07:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Calling all Mojave owners!

I own probably the most awsome Lakota around, well.............next to gaff that is. I restored an 87 Mojave back to original, and I like it but for some reason I prefer my kota. Both are great machines. But I like being able to throw someone who has very little x-perence on my kota so they can apriciate the time, money, and work I put into it. I am pretty proud of the "goat." Through the woods its so easy to ride, and thats mostly where I ride. In the woods the se-mi auto tranny is the only way to go. Both are great machines, and you will be happy with your choice. As far as the tranny problems on the kota, Thiers NO problem. This is the first I have herd of this. These trannys are rock solid and so easy to adjust. The only time you would have sliping problems is if you put a 330 kit in it with all of the usual mods. I beefed up my tranny because it helped give me more shifting response. I have done tons and tons of research on the kota and never heard of a tranny breaking. On my sig you can see what my kota looked like befor most of my mods. If you go to a thread titled "Lakota people--Whats the truth?" you can see a list of most of my current mods. They will work on a Lakota and a Mojave since its the same frame. almost. It will be a good place to start for mods. Some stuff I may not of needed that bad but I wanted to see how far I could go with it. I dare any one with a kota or a mojo to out run me in the trails!! All of the mods were well worth it.

Old 04-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately get the Mojave! I own a 1995 model, but it is great! Some people have concerns about the kickstart, but the way I see it, you never have to buy a battery. A great trail bike, and has plenty of pep, has reverse (which is a must have on a trail). But this is a great bike, I've never had a problem with mine, so go with the Mojave, a great bike!

Old 04-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: murphyslaw
I own probably the most awsome Lakota around, well.............next to gaff that is. I restored an 87 Mojave back to original, and I like it but for some reason I prefer my kota. Both are great machines. But I like being able to throw someone who has very little x-perence on my kota so they can apriciate the time, money, and work I put into it. I am pretty proud of the "goat." Through the woods its so easy to ride, and thats mostly where I ride. In the woods the se-mi auto tranny is the only way to go. Both are great machines, and you will be happy with your choice. As far as the tranny problems on the kota, Thiers NO problem. This is the first I have herd of this. These trannys are rock solid and so easy to adjust. The only time you would have sliping problems is if you put a 330 kit in it with all of the usual mods. I beefed up my tranny because it helped give me more shifting response. I have done tons and tons of research on the kota and never heard of a tranny breaking. On my sig you can see what my kota looked like befor most of my mods. If you go to a thread titled "Lakota people--Whats the truth?" you can see a list of most of my current mods. They will work on a Lakota and a Mojave since its the same frame. almost. It will be a good place to start for mods. Some stuff I may not of needed that bad but I wanted to see how far I could go with it. I dare any one with a kota or a mojo to out run me in the trails!! All of the mods were well worth it.
Hey thanks for the Info dude. that Lakota looks good. the Blue and White fenders make a cool looking Match too. im thinking more about the mojave tho, because my favorite color was always green anyhow.(Or i could just buy a Used one of each, "Right" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]). but i am trying to talk my uncle into the Kota, so id have access to both of em [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. thanks again for the info.