Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Calling all Mojave owners!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Mojave owners!

Hi, i am leaning 75% towards buying a Mojave very soon. i was Quoted a Great price on a 03 model, and i have the money. so now im looking for some Input on there performance, and The good, the bad, and the Ugly on them. and input from people who own them. I like to ride back-Trails and in the Woods, so Top speed doesnt matter much to me. And are there any "Common" problems that mojaves face? Any input on Anything about them is greatly appreciated.

~Pman~

Note to Honda/yamaha fans: (leave the 300ex and Warrior out of this, for i dont like iether one of them)

Old 04-08-2003, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

i bought a used 2000 mojave and so far have not had problems, most the bugs with the mojave have been fixed becasue its been around so long. they respond good to mods for more power the only thing i dont like regarding the mojave is that its hard to find parts for it online, like alot of parts like extended a arms and even graphics kits you have to make special arrangements with a company for, becasue its not a common product and aftermarkets are limited selection i think but i might be wrong becasue i dont search much for aftermarket parts.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm, How does it perform, is it Fun to ride?
and ive found a good selection of aftermarkets Here.

Old 04-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

most fun quad for the money that you can get. There is better but not at a mojave price. reliable, great performance, great handling, really good in the woods. Headlight sucks but that is about the only negative I know of.

Old 04-11-2003, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mojaveaddict
most fun quad for the money that you can get. There is better but not at a mojave price. reliable, great performance, great handling, really good in the woods. Headlight sucks but that is about the only negative I know of.
Hmm, how big are you, and how much you weigh, i am trying to get input from people around my size. but i did Look at a used one today, and i test rode it. it had a Full Cobra exhaust system, K&N filter, and Holeshots front and rear. it had lots of power for a 250, so i was impressed, but the front end was wrecked, so the handling is way off. so now i need some input on the handling, hense the one i looked at wasnt Credible. but i do have a feel for its power, i also drove a Used Lakota today too, it seemed to handle a little better, but then again the mojave A-Arms were bent, so i cant be too sure yet. but i can tell you this, my choice is definately between the Mojave, or Lakota now. there both awesome.

Old 04-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

the mojave is not as good for a real big guy. They handle quick and precise. I have ridden a lokota alot and I own 3 mojaves. I would only choose the lakota if I had to have electric start or an auto clutch. The auto clutch can be a sore spot on the lakota.

Old 04-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm, ive heard about Lakota Tranny problems, but how serious are they? which ever one i get (Mojave or lakota) i will definately be Modifying it, i know theres many upgrades for both, but i guess the Mojave seems to be better for Upgrades bacause of the engine, and it weighs less. i just seemed more comfortable on the Lakota. i guess i will have to see what i end up with.

Old 04-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

wait til you ride a good Mojave before you decide. The lokata has a 1 inch longer swing arm and that along with the extra weight gives it a smoother ride but no better handling. The kota swing arm can be put on the mojave. The Mojave has many advantades over the Kota like liquid cooling, 4 valves vs two, bigger carb, manual trans, lighter weight, and I like kick start better then electric but most people don't. The kota has less ground clearance under the engine because the frame drops down there to fit the Bayou engine in it.

Old 04-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

I like the handling on the mojave it seems fine. I dont really like the stock shocks but since mine is ised they probably are messed up. Im six three and weigh 185 and it seems fine to me for comfort. Its fun to ride its not too bad at jumping and i like spinning donuts with it.

Old 04-13-2003, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

Well, Thanks alot for the Input dudes, it helps. i like the engine in the mojave much better. im going to test ride Both a new Kota and a new Mojave (Both are 03) at the dealer soon, and determine there. thanks again for the info, since i cant seem to stay off the throttle for a split second [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], the mojave seems better for me. thanks again for the info. hmm, now to make my Mod list[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Quick Reply: Calling all Mojave owners!