Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Piped raptor......first victim

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piped raptor......first victim

Didn't intend on starting any flames. Just giving the facts. He had a hard time keeping his front end down. We raced twice.....app. 3-4 quad lengths both times through about 300-400 ft. He did seem to start gaining some ground toward the end. Hard to say what will happen if you have more room. He said that he liked his rappy better before it was piped. He says it sounds better, but may have actually lost power! He advised against pipes and jetting. His rappy does sound nice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Range Rover

I raced against my buddy on his piped Raptor, on pavement also, and had similar results. About 3 lenghts behind me. Like Bigcreek said he cuoldn't keep his front end down either. So he went and bought another $300 worth of mods. New air filter, bars(not to go faster but to replace the bent ones from a parking brake failure), oil filter, and modified air box. He still did not win, although it was closer.
I have nothing against Raptors or their owners. I'm just reporting the facts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I will say that when he was beating me on my 650, he loved to rub it in. That is until we did some snow ridin' and I used the 650 to pull him out a few times.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Man now this is a huge flame fight here. The DS, raptor, and V will now and forever be in a fight for big bore supremacy. It so exciting! Who is the fastest, strogest, and all around best racing machine in the world? I say the V, though someone else would say the DS and even after that someone else would fight to the death for there raptor. Its like each group of owners have a different personality. THe V owners are more mature and think before they talk and boast a good all around quad with lightning fast acceleration. The DSers say how fast there quad is in sand and in drag races but they seem to come from a very modified stand point and seem to think that DS come from the show room with pipes,filters,CDIs,and a countless amount of other goodies. The raptor owners are the ones i personaly dont like at all, they flame and rant and rave about how bad all other quads are buy calling them utility, slow, and heavy. The raptor owners do this so they can try to convence themselves that thet are still on top while the truth may be that thet were never there in the first place.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hay im a range rover wooohoooo!

Old 05-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

If RAPPY were so fast everyone wouldnt have to modify them to make them go. Fact is there kind of dogs stock. Tranny problems, tippy, small and dated. Why do you think yamaha is developing a new quad- because they know RAPPY is dated.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I'm sure your modded rappy is faster than a space shuttle. I haven't said one negative thing about raptors. Why the utility crap? I am just stating real world results. The stock raptor(piped) will not hang with the V-Force in a drag race. The rider was an experienced rider about 50 lbs. lighter than me. Remember when you start all those high dollar mods........you can make a porta-potty go fast if you put enough dynamite under it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but you still have a porta-potty.

Old 05-05-2003, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

it seems like every raptor on here has mods....? and the Vforce has none. if it is such a bada$$ machine, why does it need all of the mods? and if raptor owners are so confident in their product why are they bashing every new quad that comes out? kinda like mike tyson, the raptor will be knocked the fu## out . if it has`nt been already...

just a thought...

Old 05-05-2003, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Ridley, tell me more about this "12 hour Iowa race."

Thanks![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider

I was not very embarrassed yesterday. I wasn't on the piped bike with the flame kit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 09:51 AM
Range Rover

OT:: HEY BRYAN!!!
Got my tires in 2 days, the rims fit perfect and the tires did great. They ride a lot better than the Holeshots, and while I lost some traction in grass, in loose dirt and sand they are doing great. I can actually lift the front end at will now in the sand, where before all it did was spin. The tires and rims were great, but the best thing of all was how you took care of helping me out. All the rest of you guys, notice Bryan works for HighLifter . Bryan has a VForce. Bryan will do his best to find hard to get parts for your bikes and get them to you quick and cheap. He got me some 9" .190 ITPs when nobody else could come up with them.
Thanks again,
Bryan and HighLifter....
PS Tell your boss a couple of us in Baton Rouge want to go on the next Angola trip. Also we need some pipes, dude. See what you can find!!

Shane Evans
04 VForce

Quick Reply: Piped raptor......first victim