Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Piped raptor......first victim

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piped raptor......first victim

I will not bad mouth the Kawi I like it. The only thing I will say is there is a world of difference between a poorly piped and jetted Raptor and a Properly piped and jetted Raptor. One of the guys with a Craycraft motor gained almost 12 HP just by having it jetted properly. He went from 56 to almost 68 HP just by changing his jetting! So if you beat a piped and jetted Raptor it does not ensure you will beat every piped and jetted Raptor. I also do not think the V-force is a Utility quad.... Although that front end will take some getting used to!

Nocando

Old 05-05-2003, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

I think its funny how the rappy riders get so upset at the idea of another quad stealing the spotlight from their precious rappys. I would bet that the guys bashing on the V-force calling it "a utility" have never actually even been on one. Others who say that "it will never beat a rappy unless the rappy rider doesen't know what he's doing", have never raced a V themselves. Sure you can put alot of $$$ into a raptor to make it better than a V-force, But why spend all that time and $$$ when you can just go buy a V- Force that will do the same thing bone stock? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

I love it when people comment on the looks of the V-force saying that its ugly from the front or the view from the side is awful. All I tell them is I think its great looking quad and the best view of them all is from the seat looking back at pi$$ed off rappy riders trying to keep up with me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

its all good let the v and the rappy fight all they want for secound place .we all know the ds is the top sport quad out .

fastest production quad .so stock for stock the ds will always win .

Old 05-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
I saw the real world results, I know exactly how they are, thats why it's so funny. you would have to be high to think the v would hang with a Raptor, Z400, Predator, Banshee, or even a 400 ex on any track
A)Maybe 1% of quad riders race on a track, so who cares?
B)The 700 was obviously not intended to be raced around in circles
C)The 700 twin has much more potential than a 660 single will ever have.

Old 05-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Range Rover

V-Force rules. Ok, ok. it's kinda of sophmoric............but it does.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 03:01 PM
Range Rover

How does the v-force have more potential than a 660?

Old 05-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

You can get more out of a twin 700 than a single 660. Being stock, they should be close because the engines are limited in what the will do. But when you look at the possibilities of what you can do to make them faster, the twin 700 is a much stronger base engine to work with than a single 660. There are tons of mods out there for raptor and mods are just now starting to come out for the V Force. Mosts raptors are modded and most V Force are stock. But when there are as many mods out there for the V Force as there are for raptors and V Force owners mod theirs as much as the raptor owners mod theirs, the V Force will be much faster. You just have more to work with in a twin 700 than you do in a single 660.

Most people are comparing races between modded raptors and stock V Forces. How would it look if modded V Force owners were bragging about beating stock raptors??

Old 05-05-2003, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

I can't wait until the 2ltr./ I.R.S. Prairie comes out !!!!!!

Old 05-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

HI GUY'S:
I don't have a V-Force or a Raptor...I have a P650. I have drag raced Raptors though. I have to laugh at all this flaming back and forth between the two groups...but thats what makes this forum so much fun. As for the V-force...there are more accounts of people out hauling Raptors and Banshees in stock form than the other way around. I read all the forums and have read everything I can on the V-Force. There is also a video of a guy on this forum draging a Craycraft Raptor that is very modded. He dragged a bone stock V-Force and won yes...by what I seen maybe a quad length or so. The distance wasn't mentioned but it looked like about 300ft (which is pretty standard for drags) A Craycraft Raptor is MUCH more than a pipped and jetted Raptor. If a bone stock V-force can hang with that...what do you think it can do to a stock bike?! As for mods , the V-force will plain destroy anything you could possibly do to a single. A V-TWIN guy's...that is severely de-tuned as is the P650. How about a 800cc V-twin Dragon with dual pipes,ported and polished, racing cams , and most importantly a unlimited C.D.I. that will make an absolute weapon out of a stock V-Force let alone a modded one. The P650 engine has been tested to be stable at 12000rpm's...but in stock form when it hits 5500rpm's it hits a wall and slowly climbs to her top speed. The V-force is similarly limited in it's rpm's and thus it won't come close to it's potential without an aftermarket C.D.I. IT WILL COME so watch out! Alot of people here know alot more about engines than I do...but facts are facts and that dual carbed 700 V-Twin can destroy any 660 single engine , mod for mod. Alltoys on this forum has his P650 dynoed at 117hp!!! Sure it has a supercharger on it...but he still has the stock c.d.i. that limits his rpm's. And that is a 633cc engine!!!! The Raptor engine has found it's way into the Grizz660, and the P650 engine has found it's way into the V-force except that it's at 698cc. There is nothing you can do to the Grizz engine to make it hang with the P650 engine...mod for mod. That V-twin is just too much of a match! Facts are facts. There is MUCH more potential lying inside the V-twin you just got to get it out. In sand drags the V-forces weight seems to be hurting it somewhat and it needs a big kick a$$ set of paddles to compete. In all other terrain , I would put my money on the V-force...and win!

ROB

Quick Reply: Piped raptor......first victim