Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Kuzuma 90 mini falcon will no start

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010 | 05:05 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Question Kuzuma 90 mini falcon will no start

My daughters kuzuma mini falcon 90 will not start. I have been having issues since last year this fall it just died. I put it away for the winter and just started again. I found that the wires on the key ignition were corrored and couple had broke off. I just replaced that got new key set in today. I plugged it in and no start. I have power going in to key ignition but nothing out not sure if I am suppose to. I checked the wires going to the starter switch and none of them have power.

I did charge the battery and it is fine. I used screwdriver to cross the starter and it turns over, but noting with the starter switch. I checked the kill switchs and appear to be functioning fine. I jumped across starter with key turned off and on and both times it turned over.

The lights on the front do not come on, but I thought they did not come on till the atv was running.

any help would be appreciated my little girl wants to ride her 4 wheeler

thanks

jim

Old 02-23-2010 | 11:13 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!

You have four wires on your ignition switch, right?

One wire should hook to the battery through the fuse and should have power on it all the time. When you turn the ignition switch on another wire should get powered (making two wires with power on them). If this is not the case then you have a bad switch. That second wire (the one that gets power only when switched on) powers the lights, goes through the brake switch, starter button, and on to power up the starter solenoid as well.

The two wires above switch the battery power on and off. The other two wires are hooked into the kill switch circuitry. One of those wires is grounded all the time, the other is grounded only when the ignition switch is in the *off* position. Use an ohm meter to verify this.

If you unplug the ignition switch, turn off all kill switches, and short across the starter solenoid posts the starter will turn and the quad should start up. From your description I don't think this is happening. The ignition switch is out of the picture at this point so you may have more than one problem. Remove the spark plug and hold it against the block (wired up) and repeat the manual cranking test in this paragraph to see if you have spark. Do you have spark?