Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

110cc Gio brain puzzler

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc Gio brain puzzler

Hello guys...i desperately need your help. I run a small Gio dealer and im usually good at getting these in and out but ive been stuck with one for 2 days now. 09 110cc mini beast...will not start. I replaced the coil...i bench tested the starter.Battery is charged to full capacity...checked for fire and got lots.Engine turns over fast so there are no problems with the starter or the solenoid. I tightened up the head bolts and the intake manifold to ensure no air was being hauled in and i even changed the carburetor and cdi box and NO luck...i dont get it...plug is getting fuel...carb has lots of fuel going to it...i tried starting it with and without the choke so honestly im totally exhausted. Only thing i havnt replaced was the rectifier ...please offer any other suggestions i may have overlooked.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn your shop into a good ATV dealer like Arctic Cat, Can Am, Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki, Honda, or Kawasaki. Heck even John Deere! Get away from those Gio pieces of junk.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hard starting and/or no starting is often just simple valve adjustment. Valves tighten with wear, and they tighten further when cold. Thus the symptom of tight valves is a progressively harder to start quad when cold, eventually leading to no starting.

The rectifier has nothing to do with starting up the quad. It has to do only with keeping the battery charged.

Originally Posted by wickedkawi
Hello guys...i desperately need your help. I run a small Gio dealer and im usually good at getting these in and out but ive been stuck with one for 2 days now. 09 110cc mini beast...will not start. I replaced the coil...i bench tested the starter.Battery is charged to full capacity...checked for fire and got lots.Engine turns over fast so there are no problems with the starter or the solenoid. I tightened up the head bolts and the intake manifold to ensure no air was being hauled in and i even changed the carburetor and cdi box and NO luck...i dont get it...plug is getting fuel...carb has lots of fuel going to it...i tried starting it with and without the choke so honestly im totally exhausted. Only thing i havnt replaced was the rectifier ...please offer any other suggestions i may have overlooked.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is another thread about 110cc machine with a weird no start puzzler:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...igure-out.html

The chances are poor that this is your problem, but in the interest of leaving no stone unturned you can check it out.