Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

tautau 110cc atv

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tautau 110cc atv

I bought a TauTau 110cc ATV for my daughter back in 2010 and it hasnt been run in about a year now. I did put gas stabalizer in the tank before i let it sit. now that we have the new ignition for it we are trying to get it running for her to ride. Now heres the problem.

We had to replace the plug in it and we gapped it like it requested .006 - .008.
It will start but only when being full choked. After it starts on choke if you touch the throttle any little bit it will die. Even if you take the choke completely off it will die. Check fuel line, gas flows good. Check filter and lines no leaks and filter is clean.

What should I do to fix this lil bugger and get it back running again for her to enjoy or have i wasted my money on this little thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Joe & Ash = Schmash

Old 05-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default There are some great members with great advise in this thread below

go here

Looking for Direction Problem Tao Tao 125 ATV

Ps i would flush the gas - new gas - yes I read you put stabilizer - use quick start and take it from there

What i did on mine i drilled the copper studs on the carb out to get to the screws and serviced the carb like most great members on here with great advise have explained in many a post - doulble check the float itself for no holes or not filled with gas

Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

i actually did flush the tank and added new gas way before i even tryed to start it. the line has a good flow of gas. when it starts on choke or even off choke if u touch the throttle it acts like it boggs/loses fuel but yet it is getting fuel ive checked for vacuum leaks and all and all shows good so i dont know what to do

Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would go to this post below:

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

I feel/think its a gas issue and therefore i highly recommend this post directly above
I think ur carb is clogged or plugged some where all it takes is a grain of sand in a jet in ur case maybe some varnish dried up bad gas even though you used stabilizer
This is what i did on my 125 tao tao 52mm (110)

What also occured together with the bogging down was one of the connectors was not connected securely on the coil so i had intermittent spark issue