Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 Rebuild Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT80 Rebuild Project

My dad found an LT80 in a house that he as contracted out to clean for a Real Estate Broker and gave it to me for my girls, 5 and 9, to ride. The bike was in pieces but looked to be all there. I recently poked through it and got it to fire up. I had to use a modified gas (Read: Water bottle modified to use as a small gas tank to test motorcycles.) and had to by pass all of the handlebar switches as they were a bit sun damaged (Dad lives in the AZ desert). The quad fired right up with the life support system I rigged and sounded great. That is when I learned that the throttle cable was broken and the float was stuck wide open. All I remember was WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sound and my friend who was helping me standing in front of it to keep it from rolling into the house. We managed to yank the spark plug wire after getting shocked a few times and stop it. That is not the reason for my post but it was real funny nonetheless.

So after the initial once over I found that I needed a few things to get this beast ridable for my girls. What I wanted to know was if there is a good, cheap, and realiable place for used parts. I found what I needed on eFence, uh...I mean eBay but I was on a plane when the auction ended and did not get them. Here is a list of the parts I need and what they are going for here in California.

LH Start/kill switch assembly - $50
RH Throttle/break assembly - $67
Throttle cable - ??? (Haven't been able to find yet)

I am real excited to get this thing ridable as I recently got a bike myself and started riding again after about a 12 year lapse. My girls love it, expecially my fsking crazy 5 year old. Any help is apprecited. Thanks.

SDM

Old 05-30-2003, 10:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I prolly have a LH kill switch,donno bout the throttle side,I'll have to look.
The throttle cable is easy,Suzuki has em <G>

Old 06-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Have you been able to find these parts yet, on ebay? I might have some parts, let me know.

Old 06-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yea I found the break/throttle assembly. I haven't bid on it yet because there is still a few days to go and I don't want to pump up the price. I still need a start/kill switch and throttle cable. If you got em PM or email me and we can talk...thanks.

SDM