Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

lt 80 broken cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt 80 broken cases

can anybody tell me what to do about breaking cases on my sons lt 80 we broke 2 cases in less than a month.i see people are bracing them any pictures would be greatly app.ive been trying to get a hold of lt 80 but havent had any luck.

Old 10-31-2003, 08:13 AM
Trailblazer

lt80 should be around sooner or later, but if you cant wait on him you might want to call hetrickracing, i'm sure he could help. also, you mind me asking, broken cases i think are the number 1 complaint on the lt. my boy has race for sometime and not a cracked case YET. He only weighs 70 lbs and we have been running stock stocks but plan on upgrading supension this winter. He likes to jump but he know his machines limits. So my question is how much does your racer weigh? and what type of supension are you running? My other boy weighs 110 lbs i got him a honda because i knew at 110 lbs he would have the lt trashed in one week.

Old 10-31-2003, 08:06 PM
Range Rover

my son weighs 80 pounds and i try to tell him to take it easy on the jumps but you no how well an 11 year old kid listens we are stii running stock suspension.thans for all the input.

Old 11-01-2003, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer

I know what you mean, they love to jump. I kept trying to tell my boys, "you cant go fast if you in the air" not until i took them to a mx school and the pro guy said the same thing to them. They turned around and looked at me with thier mouths droped open, from that day on they relized daddy did know alittle more that them about racing.

Old 12-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

The best way to deal with this problem is to reinforce the case. I will be offering a kit to do this very soon that you can have welded on locally for less than shipping off you motor
MotoXpress@charter.net

Old 12-20-2003, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer

Trade it in and get a kasea 90!!!!!

Old 12-20-2003, 04:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Haven't heard much about this issue. Is it really that much of a problem, very costly? I am looking at getting 2 LT80's? Guess I'll try to find out more about this. Thanks

Old 12-20-2003, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

"Much of a problem" Well that depends on a couple of things. Sure, does it happen? YES Does it happen to all of them? NO. Has not happen to my kids lt. How to help keep it from happening? Teach them how to land after jumping. Also reinforce them if it make you fell better. If any kid on any brand flies through the air a lands wrong believe me something WILL break.

Old 12-20-2003, 09:27 AM
Range Rover

yes its a big problem but the new cases are made a little better not sure if there gonna hold up any better .got it reinforced right away.the bare block is 300.00 plus then you need gaskets bearings and so on.they are fast but when they start breaking its expensive.it usually rips the jug apart also we had to carry it out of woods a couple of times .

Old 12-20-2003, 09:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

300$ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] thats for labor and all? Last cases I bought was 175$
What breaks the cases (usually) is landing on one tire.
I have a pic of one of my sponsored riders jumping big. She has never broke her cases. The kids riding style really does mean alot in this area.
Sell a kit eh?! My kit consists of 3 alum pieces (1x1/4) 1 piece 2 3/4", one piece 3 1/2", one piece 6" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
When you take a yard machine and do things they are not meant to do, these things happen.
Yes you could get a kasea, then all you have to worry about is the swingarm breaking, the pure fact that the swingarm geometry is wrong,this that and the other [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
They are all the same but different! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: lt 80 broken cases