Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

More reply to the dirtwheels thing,uh,thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-1999, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a Max with tracks, and the snow is just over his waist. I don't know what the Max would do without tracks, but I'm sure it would not go where the one with tracks goes.

Old 12-30-1999, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

Perhaps you are correct,It makes since that the width of the tracks would allow even more weight per square foot to be distributed.But we can't hold these tracks as the only way a maxx or argo would be better than a quad or snowmobile,it is still lighter per square foot than a quad, and is 4 wheels of a polaris driving better than 3wheels driving on my Arctic Cat,so to is 6wheels of a Maxx driving more effective than 4 or 3 of us quads,in snow and mud it's all about weight and traction.The tracks of the maxx is only a add on to perform better just a vampires or bi claws for our rides and the should not be held against one for comparisons if I could afford those tracks for my quad I'd have them too!

Old 12-31-1999, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

According to the dealer's website, the Max is good for about 14" of snow without the tracks.

Old 12-31-1999, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

The Max IV with 26" tires will take 18" of snow. That is a lot of snow and more than a 4x4 will take. I haven't got a change to try my 22" tires in snow yet.

MaxRules

Old 01-04-2000, 04:21 AM
Range Rover

A 4x4 will take bigger drifts than you think, I went through 24" banks on my EX, speed and a light front end when you hit. How easy is it to get that bathtub unstuck when the tires dig holes in the snow and it's resting on its belly, I bet when it's getting dark and you you have it hopelessly stuck you will realize that some times more is not allways better. If you go through a lot of snow and get it stuck you will have one hell of a mess.

------------------
Maxrules...for me to poop on!

Old 01-04-2000, 07:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a brief and shining moment, Max6X6 posted information sharing his experiences riding his ATV with the Forum readership.

Other readers appreciated and enjoyed Max6X6's posts and pictures, encouraging him by telling him so.

However, the topic has reverted to an uncomfortably familiar theme, "Max is bestest! Superior to all!", along with the corollary, Max6X6 himself possesses superior intellect and wisdom for choosing a Max, in contrast to all us ignorant and mentally-deficient losers who stupidly chose other machines. Or do I misunderstand the thrust of Max6x6's posts?

I've wondered before without coherent response: What is Max6X6's purpose in flaunting his arrogance? What goals does he expect to achieve? What does he perceive as the effect of his bashing all other machines and their riders? What needs does Max6X6 satisfy by his outrageous performance claims, e.g., a Max can pass through a space narrower than its width?

If Max6x6 genuinely believes his claims himself, a serious problem may exist; on the other hand, perhaps Max6X6 merely enjoys provoking outrage, hoping to obtain attention from topic deletion or closure. If he expects to convert other ATV owners to Max customers by his technique (bashing them), I'd say a serious problem definitely exists.

I'm reminded of a song from the Broadway musical, "Annie, Get Your Gun!" Goes something like this,

"Anything you can do, I can do better; I can do anything better than you! No you can't! Yes I can! No you can't! Yes I can! Yes I can yes I can yes I can yes I can!"

By the way, "Annie, Get Your Gun!" is a comedy.

Tree Farmer

Old 01-04-2000, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim,well said,well understood too.Nice to hear from you again.====BILL

------------------