Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton viper 90

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton viper 90

Has anyone had problems with their viper bogging out. The V starts well and idles fine but nearly dies when the throttle has been hit hard. The V is warm when this happens and I have superficially checked the fuel and airfilter. Anyone have ideas?

Old 12-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Eton viper 90

The last big ride we took our '03 Pred-90 out for a long spin, it did the same thing. Random bogging when my son gunned it. Visually its factory air filter looked clean. I washed it out and to my surprise, the water was chocolate brown. For our unit, it seemed to randomly bog down between 0 and 1/4 throttle. After we got it above 1/4 throttle, its back wheels would spin like they usually do. During its diagnostic steps, I also discovered my son kept putting its gas valve in its "R" position. Thus, possibly sucking the 1" (or so) crap gas in the bottom of its tank into its carb. A few of my quad buddies also told me I may have water in its gas or a partial plugged Pilot Jet. With a confirmed clean air filter, lots of gasline antifreeze in its tank, my son's unit now seems to run better below 1/4 throttle. It only bogged once during our last 20 minute ride. If it doesn't clear up by spring, I'll wash out the inside of its carb and Pilot Jet area. Sounds like your E-Ton may have simular problems. You may want to change your gas, clean your air filter (again) and check your Pilot jet. This too may solve your bogging out problem.

Hope this helps...

Old 12-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default Eton viper 90

A good way to tell if your pilot jet is off would be to adjust the air screw on the carb . For carbs with the air screw on the back half of the carb turning the screw in makes it richer for carbs with the airscrew on the front half of the carb trunuing the air screw in makes it leaner.

From a idle turn your air screw all the way in, it will want to die so you will have to give it a little throttle, start turning the air screw out by 1/4 turns and give it a few seconds for the motor to catch up keep turning out till you hit your highest idling point , if it goes out past 2 1/4 turns your pilot jet is too lean, if you reach it before you get to 1 1/4 turns your pilot is to rich, idealy your air screw should be somewhere in between like 1 1/4- 2 this would be for a carb with the air screw on the back half of the carb, if yours is on the front it would just be opposite.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Two Words

Spark Arrestor