Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Upgrading the LT80

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading the LT80

Looking to make some improvements on the new LT80. I just can't sit still. Besides, it HAS to be faster than my friends new TRX90 he bought for his little girl. Mocho dad thing. I have the throttle screw in almost all the way right now, but later on it needs to rock.

I already purchased the 2 1/2" wheel spacers from CRJ Performance but I haven't recieved them yet. I had to modify the brake pedal with a steel bracket so my son could get some leverage on the brakes. It raised the lever about 3 inches. It works really well.

It still has the exhaust restriction in place from the factory. It has plenty of power as is. My main concern for now is suspension and handling. My son is only about 40lbs right now and it looks like a pogo-stick out there in the field. I read somewhere on this forum that I can replace the front shocks with Kasea's at a fairly cheap price but the only option for the back is a Works shock. I have found some add's for +3/+1 a arms for the front and JL has a front end widening bracket. With my sons size he will be riding this thing for several years. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I also don't want to be cheap and end up buying the good stuff later either. Could use some experience on this one.

Also, what about tires and wheels? Someone on this forum said they are running 18" in front and 16X9.5" in the back. Should I just use what I have or is there a worth while upgrade?