Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Aaarggh!! LT80 petcock problem (still)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aaarggh!! LT80 petcock problem (still)

Now i have to figure out how to stop bidding on ebay! I just looked up the Banshee petcock. You're right, $22 retail, and it looks like it would fit.It has a gasket plus the screw holes look like they'll line up. Shouldn't leak with that gasket or the mounting screws/gaskets.

Thanks a lot if it works out.

Old 03-09-2004, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

I luckily got outbid on ebay for an LT-80 petcock (I was at $50).your idea sounds great.does Banshee petcock have a vacuum outlet aswell, or just a fuel flow outlet?what are the positions on it, i.e-"on,off res", or is there a prime?

I emailed a Yamaha dealer in Oregon. I'm going there next week, and was hoping they'd order one in for me. It makes sense it might fit, because I know their gas caps are interchangeable between Suzuki/Yamaha.

Thanks for the tip.I really hope it works out. Then I'll be posting it for everyone.

Old 03-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no it does not have a vacumm line just a fuel line. it just has an on switch and reserve and off, don't need a prime anyway. good luck...

Old 03-10-2004, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

i agree, as long as fuel flows, that's all that matters, and "on" will do that just fine. Same as vacuum line isn't needed. Dealer in Oregon still hasn't replied to my email, so I guess I have to phone.so many dealers ignore emails, I go out of my way to ignore them too when it comes time to blow my $$.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

FYI: I priced the petcocks. Yes the Zuki one is pricey! It lists for like 82$
22$ is a fair price for the banshee petcock. I'm going to stock the shee petcock now.

Old 03-21-2004, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider

I just got back from the Dunes (Florence), first time there. bought a Yamaha Banshee petcock for $23 and it works.I still get the odd fuel flow problem. I think my gas cap may not be venting properly, so that'll be the next fix. Also, I'll remove the in-line 1/4 valve and maybe even the fuel filter ; seems like there's just too much stuff for such a short distance for the fuel to go.

REAL glad i got the pull start kit in time, because my rebuilt electric starter only lasted 10 starts. I wasn't impressed with the plastic gear on the pull start, but really impressed with the way the rubber pull handle moulds around the hole so no water gets in.

Fishslab, real sorry I missed ya. Got all your messages after we spoke. I'm such a dumba$$, I had my wife's cell-phone and thought it was mine (or maybe she did it on purpose so I wouldn't take any work calls??). NEXT YEAR!! The Polaris dealer from Florence came out riding with us on Friday! Great guy.

Old 03-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

Of buddy of mine uses a Yamaha TT 500/600 Petcock on his sons LT80. ALso, if you need/want a stock one call "MR Cycles". There listed in the back of Dirt Wheels. I got one there for $58 and change.

Rude Dog

Old 03-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
.Fishslab, real sorry I missed ya. Got all your messages after we spoke. I'm such a dumba$$, I had my wife's cell-phone and thought it was mine (or maybe she did it on purpose so I wouldn't take any work calls??). NEXT YEAR!! The Polaris dealer from Florence came out riding with us on Friday! Great guy.
Confused,
Glad to hear you made it home safe! I am really sorry I missed you, but hey I met your better half so it was a win win for me.LOL At least you know I showed up. Hope your not broke. lol

Old 03-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] BAD MOVE ON BLOWING AIR IN THE <u>VACCUM</u> PETCOCK YOU SHOULD JUST THREW THIS ONE AWAY AND BUY A NEW ONE (P.S) FUEL ONLY FLOWS FREE IN THE PRIME POSITION .WHEN THE PETCOCK IS ON AND RES FUEL WILL ONLY FLOW WHEN TO PETCOCK HAS VACCUM FROM THE CARB MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GUTT THE OLD ONE BECAUSE IF YOU GET ANY DIRT UNDER THE VALVE ASSY UNDER THE FLOAT IN THE CARB GAS WILL FILL YOUR ENGINE AND RUN OUT OF THE EX ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR VACCUM LINE IS ON THE CORRECT NIPPLE ON THE CARB THERE IS TWO NIPPLES ON THE SIDE THE VACCUM LINE GOES ON ONE IS FOR A VENT LINE THE OTHER IS VACCUM GOOD LUCK

Old 03-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider

I can't say it was a bad move in my case, mine is still working flawlessly. The air was blown up the fuel line in the prime postion due to the fact that there was no free flow when there should have been.

Quick Reply: Aaarggh!! LT80 petcock problem (still)