Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

honda trx70

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda trx70

I just picked up a trx70. Does it have a govenor on it? I rode it and it seems to lack power. I had a trail 70 with the same engine and it ran good. I ordered a manual for it but it wont be in for a couple of days. My 9 and 7 year old are going to share it. It has enough power for them now, but in the future id like to bump it up allittle.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bob

Old 03-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda trx70

I have a trax 70 also the two older boys rod it for 5 years. And 2 weeks ago my 3&half old daughter took her first ride on it buy herself.
Its a good first quad. This on still has good power and has no mods jts never been apart. Have you checked the throtel limit scew on the thub throtel. Make shure its backed out far enough.

Old 03-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Range Rover
Default honda trx70

I havnt got that far. Its been cold up here and I just got it on Friday. I have already replaced the chain. That was why it wouldnt move and the reason I got it for $100. I still have to change the oil and spark plug and finish checking the brakes. The fronts are frozen I believe its the cables. Not sure yet. Thanks for the reply I will check into the screw. Should this be able to spin the tires? 70cc is not small for this size quad.

Thanks again.

Old 03-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda trx70

When I bought mine the brake cable was sticking, but I lubed it and its ok now. It cant spin the tires but you con slide it in the corners.
The only parts I have bought for it are the chain/sprockets and rear tires. That thing will last forever.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Range Rover
Default honda trx70

I just took apart the cables tonight. What and how did you lube them? I sprayed wd40 in them. Thats all i had for tonight. The shoes look ok and the tire are in great shape. I only put on the chain. What oil does it take and how much? I ordered the service manual but didnt get it yet. Is there a filter or just a screen?

Thanks for the help. It will be alittle bit before the boys can ride. We have company coming for a birthday this weekend. So hopefully next week depending on the brake cables.

Thanks for the posts.

Old 03-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda trx70

What year is it the one I have is A 1986. And for the oil I use 10/40 motor oil,I know its not the best for it but no problems yet.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Range Rover
Default honda trx70

Mine is a 1987. The brake cables are still soaking. I m going to look at them tonight and see if I can free them up. I will post some pics tonight on my page.

Old 05-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Range Rover
Default honda trx70

I have a problem with the front tires on the kids trx 70. They keep breaking the beads. Does this mean the tires need to be replaced? Or a tube? Any suggetions would help.

They love the predator 90. The first ride was Saturday but it was cut short do to 2 flats on the honda.

Also I need to either free up the brake calbes or get new ones. does anyone have suggetions on freeing them up? They just wont budge.

Thanks,

Old 05-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default honda trx70

If you can't free up brake cables by soaking them or giving them many shots of WD-40, then you may want to replace them with new cables. If you see brown rust fluid dripping out each ends, then definately purchase new ones. To me, having "new" brakes cables is more important then the gas cable.

Not too sure how to help you with the tires. On our trailer that had leaky rims, I installed tubes. This worked great. With softer tires like on a quad, I would assume the tube would shift, then eventually sheer off their valve stems. To stop shifting tubes, you pump them with lots of air. This would make the tires on a quad too hard. Especially for a mini that doesn't have shocks. You're probably looking at new rims.

Old 05-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda trx70

The wheels on the trax are a split rim the o-ring between the 2 halves could we leaking cousing the flats. This happened to mine.
A tub is also an opsion.

Quick Reply: honda trx70