Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Predator 90 or Eton 90

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Predator 90 or Eton 90

I thought the regular flavor was much faster. To me, there's gotta be more weight with the colours of the Troy Lee... Just kidding!!!

Hope you guys have a blast on your Pred-90. I still remember the day we finally got ours. My son was smiles from "ear to ear". A moment in time as if it were yesterday.... Hope to see you on the trails...

Old 05-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mmills, a few coincidences: My name is Mark Mills, I was born near Chicago (Mendotta Ill.) I bought my eight year-old a 90 polaris predator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe he stole your identity. LOL

Old 05-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

I probably couldn't give it away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2004, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: mmills023
well i went out and bought the 04 Predator 90...I talked to the dealer and questioned him about the problems with the welds and such, he showed me a eairler model 04 and then showed me the differences on the one that i got (late model) the bracket is a tad lower and there seems to be gussets on some of the other weak points.

For what it is worth i went and looked at the LEMS, Kaseas, ETONS, and the Polaris...i have to say that they all looked the same (plastic removed), and from what i can tell i woud bet that alot of parts are interchangable.

As far as performance, this thing is great, great suspension travel, great egros for kids, and the list goes on.

Down side, no reverse (though dont think it is necessary on a 200lb quad...though time will tell), no lights (but there are TONS of companies that sell kits for these), and no foot brake (i really wanted this to teach my son how to use the foot brake for the rear brakes), i am looking for a company that sells a conversion (i am sure someone does).

As far as price, i Paid 1799.00 OTD for the polaris, I told the dealer that i would go down the street and buy a eton for 1800.00 and he matched the price...

I will post reviews as time goes on..

as far as i have been able to tell nobody makes a brake for the P90
i am in the process of manufacturing them for sale it's not clear yet if they will be available via an aftermarket atv parts distributor or from my own web site not yet up but the address is www.socalatv.com we haven't hammered out the details with the distributor as of yet
they should be ready for sale in about a month or so, the price has not yet been determined
the new brake will be of an improved design only to make production easier and less costly we have had the current one out on several rides and it has performed perfectly a major improvement for the P90 it has proved much safer for smaller kids with smaller hands
some modification will need to be done, the floorboard and the side cover will need to be cut some and two holes will need to be drilled in the floorboard mount other than that installation should take about one hour and minimal tools are required here is a link to some photo's i also have a couple photo's of the lights we used on the P90 they are trail tech 20 watts each one flood and one spot they work great and mounting was easy they run about $45 each and are very bright

http://public.fotki.com/socalgrizz/