Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Stalling Problem...Carb or Electrical?-Kasea 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Carb Problem...OR is it Electical?-Kasea 50

My daughter was riding her Skyhawk 50. She shut it off to take a break, and then it would not start. I put a new plug in it, but it did not help. I checked for fuel flow from the petcock and it seems fine. I've tried with the choke plugged and unplugged and nothing worked.

It will fire up for a second and then it dies. If you hold down the electric starter, it will fire...die...fire...die, kind of in a cycle, which made me think it's possibly electrical. I tapped on the carb and shook it around a bit and it fired up. I drove it a little and then cleaned it up. When I was done washing it, it did the same fire...die cycling that it did before. I ran out of time so I parked it.

Are there any known problems with these little carbs...other than the electric choke sometimes? I'm going to clean it out when I have time, but it's only ridden around the house so I don't know why it would be dirty. It does have a K&N and drilled jet.

Does it sound like an electrical problem? I don't think it's the floats because gas does not pour out the overflow like they are stuck.