Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

saw an 8 y/o riding Kodiak 400SE

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saw an 8 y/o riding Kodiak 400SE

Yeah, it is funny you don't hear anyone crying about the trees or animal habitat that is destroyed when they cleared for their homes.. or their golf courses etc... but put a rut in the mud with an ATV, and "poof" you have a natural disaster that demands a response. Things are not much different in the US either.

I've seen race tracks in the US that have been operated for 59 years or more, and that were built miles from town get gobbled up with urban sprawl, and closed down because of the noise... Well duh! They knew the track was there when they built their homes... but still they complain, and in many cases win, because there is nobody standing up and defending the rights of the racers, or the trees...

Old 08-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

yeah you're right..... all I want to do is enjoy my $6500 toy I bought, but people just don't wan tthis to happen and its really getting to me.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

What you really need to do is get your civic leaders involved with riding ATV's.. .maybe through a club or something... then you might have one or two on your side for a change. You might also complain about stray golfballs, or the critters that now inhabit your property because they were displaced by the building of a golf course.. better yet, take pictures of the golf course where a golf cart makes a rut in the mud somewhere and use that every time they complain about teh damage you are doing to nature. You can also attack them for cutting down all the trees and damaging the natural habitat and see how they like it... turn around is fair play, and pay back is a Bi%$h....

Old 08-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer

i hear that.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

i hear ya on that one brother, down here in yarmouth its hell those pigs got nothing better to do besides herass ya. IF you get caught on a road yes even a old back dirt road its a 250$ fine plus 6month impound of yer bike.Its just so crazy you make yer own rules. You better have a race bike to get away from em because they'll stop you everytime they see you..You cant be no little girl u gottar run like a **** even if involves 2miles of road to find a good escape place..

Old 09-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah man, see in Hammond's Plains and Tantallon, they are in the woods on bikes, the cops that is, and they will give you a ticket if they "think" you are going to fast. Half of them can't even drive the bikes properly. They are the unsafe ones. When I got pulled over one time, I was almost hit by one officer and another fell off his bike! The cops were driving their bikes right up busy paved roads to get other ATV's that were just crossing the road. They would make the riders WALK thier bikes accross the busy roads, while the police would DRIVE theirs away back up the road. They think they are so damn smart and full of ego with that uniform, but they don't realize how hypocritical they act and how stupid they look breaking the laws that they have sword to uphold..... They should be giving themselves a ticket!

Old 09-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

in yarmouth here they got cops on polaris 700efi on the train tracks...they'll stop ya for registration, crossing the roads, anything, and theres about 50 roads from one end of yarmouth to the other you have to cross, who actualkly pushes there bike across the road? If you can go faster then a cop, thats all that matters, they'll be upside down in a 5 foot swamp off the trail somehweres...............

Old 09-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

So the cops are allowed to ride on the tracks but we can't. I wouldn't even ride on them anyway, its very unsafe. The law pretty much makes it illegal to drive a 4 wheeler anywhere but your own yard or property. It sucks. No other province is like that. In Ontario they are passing a law that allows ATV riders to drive on the roads in Subdivisions for small spurts to get to trails. I think that is fair, but around here in Nova Scotia they would rather make that illegal so they can get some revenue from the fine the crazy police are told to dish out! It sucks

Old 09-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

YEa i guess the pigs need so many stops or something for there record its hard to explain someone explained it to me but thats y there doin all this dum shiz..

They should do something usefull like bust some crackhouses or solve some murders instead of bugging some people just trying to have some fun...

yea man we got a report of a green 4wheeler crossing the road at a 70degree angle we better go check it out b4 someone gets hurt.

Old 09-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

GROW UP! PIGS, GIVE ME A BREAK! Come on if there are laws that you don't like then try to change them, don,t wine and snivel that OFFICERS OF THE LAW ARE DOING THIER JOBS. It sounds like you guys tresspass quite often, are you getting permission to build trails on someone elses property, little let a lone even riding there legally in the fist place? Also you openly admit riding on the highway and trying to alude law enrorcement. Doing what you do is only making things worse, and is a BIG BLACK EYE to the rest of us who ride legally. Plus this was a thread for young kids riding to large of a machines so post your complaint somewhere else.

Quick Reply: saw an 8 y/o riding Kodiak 400SE