Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

'89 Yamaha Breeze reverse and carb Q

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 04:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '89 Yamaha Breeze reverse and carb Q

I posted in the yamaha forum, but I'm on page 3 in less than 1 day.

please check that forum if you can help me. I have 2 simple carb questions and a question about my reverse switch killing my engine.

It's pretty well the same titled thread, '89 Yamaha Breeze Reverse switch and carb Qs"... something like that.

THANKS!!

Old 08-15-2004, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the carb and I am not sure hat you are asking about the reverse switch. If you are wondering why it kills when you put in in reverse it is because you have to hold the rear brake.

Old 08-15-2004, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

ya, but once you're in reverse, it shouldn't die, otherwise, how do you back up? I'll try it tho, and see. thanks for the info.

Old 08-15-2004, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider

Hey there are the breezes in the same class as the lt 160?

Old 08-15-2004, 04:33 AM
Pro Rider

yep, pretty close. the Breeze is belt driven/auto. the 160 is 5-spd, so way faster. my 160 is pretty rough (cosmetically). If ya wanna travel north, I'll sell it to ya for $1200 (US). 4 new tires. OR, next time I go south, I'll sell it to ya. both are good transition quads and good for teens, or a bit younger, or small wife. I know lotsa kids can ride bigger stuff, but safely assume they can flip it on themselves, and 600lbs of Grizz pancaking a kid ain't a pretty site. that's why I think these are good until they're ready for adult size.

Old 08-15-2004, 04:55 AM
Quad Patrol

Now the Breeze is the new Grizzly 125. A few CC's smaller then the Lt 160, but a good quad. Confused, If I was closer, I'd seriously think about taking that 160 off your hands.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider

ya already got a newer one. or is one of the youngins ready for the next step?

Old 08-15-2004, 05:30 AM
Quad Patrol

I think were are ready to step up from the Honda 70. I've had my friend's Lt80 since Christmas. Thinking about seeing, if the are interested in selling it. It does need some work done to it though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We seriously looked at several last year. All of them seemed to have the same problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]battery disconnected, front brake was disconnected or connected but, worthless none the less, lights didn't work all the time, etc. But, that's all stuff that can be taken care of through regular maintenance. But, heck, if the battery or starter goes bad, pull start it, if the front brake stops working, use the back brake. They seem to have redundant systems on them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Pro Rider

electric start is ugly to get at on those, and expensive. brakes are pretty basic. you can usually adjust the brake lever arm a notch or two to get some extra use outta the shoes. I had to replace both front brake cables. going from a 70 to an 80 seems like a lateral move.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Quad Patrol

Yea, your right there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Dang, did I admit that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Though, it is a little bigger and a 2 stroke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Plus, I was hoping to get it pretty cheap too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] so, maybe that would make it a little more attractive to buy. My middle daughter does love riding it too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Have to wait and see. Well, time for bed, need that beauty sleep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Chat with you later, MD

Quick Reply: '89 Yamaha Breeze reverse and carb Q