Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Moving up a size!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004 | 10:35 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Default Moving up a size!!!

The only video games I buy my kids is Reader Rabbit.

And my last game board was the original Atari! Pong anyone? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2004 | 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

Oldyeller I don't recall saying I was for sure on the displacements and I HAVE owned and a few of my friends have owned several different makes. The lt 80 IS got the best power delivery by far. CHECK ALL THE MAGS and see for yourself if thats not good enough then go to the dunes and watch kids trying to get around on the stock machines,sand has a way of showing you how much power you truly have. All the minis can be made to have more power and the speed can be changed by changing your sprockets. Just because the non suzuki minis have newer styling and more suspension by no means makes them better. I have to admit I love the looks of the pred,dinli eton and kasea. All the mini manufactures(including suzuki) need to redisign there suspensions and steering geomtry like adding double a-arms .
Back to the original thread, I would check your clutches on your lt80 and make sure that they are in good working order. If they are in need of repair or lubrication then it will slow down your sons bike.

Old 08-27-2004 | 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't think think of taking anything away from the lt80 in the power department. The stock pipe is great and I have been told that it does have some ballz. I haven't heard to many complaing about the predator on the dunes. I know they race the pred's up north from me (in Maine)and the predator's are the bike to have and the 1 to try to beat.

I say let the kids enjoy what they ride....hey Dad(quadduck) you gonna hook the lil'one up with some power or WHAT??? LOL

Old 08-27-2004 | 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

And my last game board was the original Atari! Pong anyone?
Samson, my last board game was naked twister [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]!!!!

come'on over!!!!
LMAO

Old 08-27-2004 | 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

You hit the nail on the head fellow z400 buddy

Old 08-27-2004 | 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Rutmaker... Gosh I am going to hate myself in the morning... but mayber you should listen to the wife on this before you jump... I have to commend Who dat for not Jumping in on this with both feet... but hmm, 6 years old.... and a dad that is looking for more speed.... uh, oh darn, I am really going to have to go wash my mouth out now... but I have to say it... WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN?

Everyone who has been on this list for a long time knows where I stand on the issue of the guidelines, and I am one of the most vocal opponents to them in their present form... but without criticizing your decision processes, I'd just like to remind some that the real bottom line on the future of our sport is that we have to reduce the injury rates.. and the guidelines are there in an attempt to keep them managible. If your child is hurt, he becomes fuel for the people that want to rid the earth of ATV's to use against us... Statistically speaking, the majority of deaths of children on ATV's invlve riding a full sized machine... one that by definition, is too large for his age. (OK WhoDAT, I said it, so you don't have to)

I don't want this to sound like I am saying you are doing anything wrong here, as I said, I have a 9 year old on an 80, which makes me illegal as heck in some states too... but I just want to make sure you are thinking of all the angles...

Please make your you show this to the childs mother...

OK, there you have it...and I am now heading off to the bathroom to go throw up....

Old 08-27-2004 | 04:12 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

I admit I was a little busy playing twister, but where did he say he wanted more speed?

Old 08-27-2004 | 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I'd say that most read "speed" inbetween the lines right around the "105 kit" point.

Hey rutmaker, what are you looking for in a mini quad? If your interested in some modes, theres probably a dozen topics on the LT right now. Like, "lt80 MX gearing ", "LT80 - Going for broke !!", and many others.

Have you done any mods to your LT? If your on a budget, theres some things you could do thats fairly cheap. If your wanting some big gains on the power, get ahold of LT80 on hear and he'll make that thing scream!! The worse thing I've seen with the big bore kit, is it's a one shot deal. It can't be bored again. If you go with LT80's motor, you can start of at stock bore and go all the way to 105cc before its done.

Like I said before. I never intended to offend anyone. Just trying to help.

Old 08-27-2004 | 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Rutmaker, From looking at your pics, your son needs rice and cain tires and a big lift!!!! lol!!!

Does the rear tires do very well all around? I can see why you need more power trying to turn those in that mud. If speed is not an issue, you could do some gear changes that would really help out in the mud.

Old 08-27-2004 | 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
... I have to commend Who dat for not Jumping in on this with both feet... but hmm, 6 years old.... and a dad that is looking for more speed.... uh, oh darn, I am really going to have to go wash my mouth out now... (OK WhoDAT, I said it, so you don't have to)I...
Dragginbutt, use the force.....

I'm so happy....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

WhodatKanobi One

Quick Reply: Moving up a size!!!