Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

eton clutch ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eton clutch ?

OK , my english is not very good and i hope I have understand
The 3 springs are for the clutch . OK . It is the only thing I have very good understand .I have the red one who comes from WRH.
The big spring is for the belt not slip .Is it the only function of this spring ? I have the stock one and I don't think I have problem with the belt . Do you think I have to change it ?
For the rollers , If you put small one , the engine takes many RPM before the vario start to move and if you put big one , it starts before . That's good ?

Old 09-13-2004, 07:08 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eton clutch ?

The lighter roller will in affect make you run a lower gear. If you look at any go-kart sites, they all claim the torsion spring will do the same thing as rollers in their torque converters. But on quads, it seems keeping the belt tight is the key reason for the racers. 400 rpms probably makes a difference when you're turning 2600 rpms. Maybe, it's just not as noticable on the quads at 9,000+. Not sure, tonnerre.

Old 09-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default eton clutch ?

Raptorlegs ,
which spring do you put on your machine ?
I mesure a stock Suzuki one and it is the same as the Predator.Do you think an aftermarket spring for Suzuki is fine for a Predator ?

Old 09-15-2004, 05:43 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default eton clutch ?

Yellow torsion and the 3 white clutch springs.

Don't know about suzuki. Pretty sure the eton, Kasea, Polaris and Polaris clones are all the same.

Old 09-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default eton clutch ?

Do you know malossi parts ?

Old 09-15-2004, 06:05 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default eton clutch ?

Sorry, but no I don't.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:28 PM
geo
Trailblazer
Default eton clutch ?

You are barking up the wrong tree when playing with roller weights.

In a CVT trans the ONLY function of the roller is to control engine speed, which is what a CVT does. Period. The choice of roller weight is absolutely dictated by the engine's power peak rpm. To modify the weights means you'll move that speed away from the power peak, which of course you don't want to do. Unless the stock weights are off, anything you do will result in a LOSS of performance.

If you want better bottom end (ie, low speed operation), change the front or rear sprocket, or trans gears.

For a thorough explanation of CVT fundamentals, read the clutch tuning article at this link

Old 09-16-2004, 01:44 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default eton clutch ?

Originally posted by: geo
You are barking up the wrong tree when playing with roller weights.

In a CVT trans the ONLY function of the roller is to control engine speed, which is what a CVT does. Period. The choice of roller weight is absolutely dictated by the engine's power peak rpm. To modify the weights means you'll move that speed away from the power peak, which of course you don't want to do. Unless the stock weights are off, anything you do will result in a LOSS of performance.

If you want better bottom end (ie, low speed operation), change the front or rear sprocket, or trans gears.

For a thorough explanation of CVT fundamentals, read the clutch tuning article at this link

According to glassman, he's gota D&D pipe and a port and polish.

I've got a high comp head, 20mm carb and race pipe.

You still think we're barking up the wrong tree? Don't assume so much.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default eton clutch ?

Also the stock rollers probably aren't the ideal wieght for your riders wieght.Remember these things have lots of built in restrictors to keep them slowed down for the kids.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default eton clutch ?

When I read this I see a person that really has no idea what the front variator wieghts actually do,and how the variator wieghts work with the clutch and the engine to keep you in that peak power band,or should I say it allows the machine to shift properly through the peak power band if you have all the clutching done to match your performance goodies.

Quick Reply: eton clutch ?