Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

eton clutch ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 04:27 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eton clutch ?

Please tell us everything you know and what exactly you disagree with.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:47 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default eton clutch ?

At any rate, if you boys are saying:
1. Consult a builder then I agree
2. Do all the clutch/variator mods because they work together then I agree.
3. That you can alter gearing through your cvt then I agree. (edit: OOPS! I meant you can alter gearing)

I will add that I don't think these mods are for stock machine and that you may have to play with various combinations.

BUT I've done the mods. And I have one quick little mini. Made a world of difference.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eton clutch ?

All I am saying is if you look at a completely stock Pred 90 and how the factory has matched the engine and clutching w/the factory pipe they go pretty good,Now if you change only the pipe and expect a tremendous amount of change you will be very disapointed because you did not make the proper changes to the clutching to match the performance of the pipe ect.And as for getting more pull on the lower end raise compression don't change the transmisson gears,granted gearing is huge but most of the time you can just raise compression and play around with the rear gear maybe a 29 tooth for some higher speed or keep the factory gear for a great hole shot.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:52 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default eton clutch ?

I had less power until I hit 7-10 mph when the rpms had time to raise. Since I've made the mods to the tranny, I haven't lost much if any top end and I have a MUCH quicker machine. The stall speed raise so it actually get's off the line without bogging down.

Old 09-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default eton clutch ?

Originally posted by: Johnnyo
All I am saying is if you look at a completely stock Pred 90 and how the factory has matched the engine and clutching w/the factory pipe they go pretty good,Now if you change only the pipe and expect a tremendous amount of change you will be very disapointed because you did not make the proper changes to the clutching to match the performance of the pipe ect.And as for getting more pull on the lower end raise compression don't change the transmisson gears,granted gearing is huge but most of the time you can just raise compression and play around with the rear gear maybe a 29 tooth for some higher speed or keep the factory gear for a great hole shot.
I've played with raising the compression and lighter weights and the lighter wieghts made a much much bigger difference than the raised compression in our case.I took out 3 rollers just as an experiment.The otherwise completely stock 90 Viper would wheelie and go like heck for about 20 ft with my 200lbs on it.Then it would fall on its face and I was out of room in the back yard to try it any further.However we tried it in a bigger area with my 50lb son on it.Big difference.The bike would still take off like crazy but would just over rev briefly and then go like snot again up to the point of where my son would let off the gas.I'm assuming that with his lighter wieght that it was easier for the transmission to shift up so it worked much better for him than for me.If we would have added a little more wieght just to eliminate the brief over rev(change into high gear quicker) it would have been a perfect setup for him and much faster than a stock bike with only this small change.We didn't pursue it any further though because our racing class is a "stock" class and this type of mod is against the rules.Now that racing is over for us I will be doing some more testing to try to find the perfect wieght.

Old 09-16-2004, 05:29 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default eton clutch ?

For some reaon I thought you had a pipe too?

Oh well, maybe it is a good mod for a stocker!

Old 09-16-2004, 05:50 PM
geo
Trailblazer
Default eton clutch ?

According to glassman, he's gota D&D pipe and a port and polish.

I've got a high comp head, 20mm carb and race pipe.

You still think we're barking up the wrong tree? Don't assume so much.
Now don't get your undies all in a bunch, Raptorlegs, I was replying to the original poster, who made no mention of mods. Just trying to help out here.

Old 09-16-2004, 05:52 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default eton clutch ?

Sorry! No self-proclaimed expert. I just feel like I have a decent understanding of how it works.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default eton clutch ?

What is it different if your clutch is stock or no ? The method is the same , no ?

Predator 90 2003 , WRH head , cylinder deck , 21mm carb , Hot seat pipe

Old 09-16-2004, 06:27 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default eton clutch ?

I don't know what you're asking tonnerre?

Quick Reply: eton clutch ?