Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Youth ATV Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Youth ATV Racing

Come support the event...New jersey needs youth atv racing!!

http://www.etownraceway.com/main/mx/...assic2004.html

Old 09-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Youth ATV Racing

I just got off the phone with a employee at the park...guy didn't have all the details if any but, here's what I found out...

7 yrs is the youngest rider can be.. No age to CC restriction....Depending on the turn out for this event they will determine if ATV races will be held next season..

My kids would love to race there quads...Hopefully enough kids show and they will see the $$ they could make!!

Old 09-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default Youth ATV Racing

No offence but if you want kids to race because of the $$ they can make thats all wrong..dont get me wrong money is good but as a kid they should race because then want to for the fun and thrill of it not just because they can make some $$...Just my opinion

Old 09-24-2004, 05:21 PM
Range Rover
Default Youth ATV Racing

Originally posted by: scrumhalf999999
No offence but if you want kids to race because of the $$ they can make thats all wrong..dont get me wrong money is good but as a kid they should race because then want to for the fun and thrill of it not just because they can make some $$...Just my opinion
I think moonRider was refering to the track making money.

There is no money to be made with kids racing.. if you do find a track with a cash payout, I doubt that your costs would get recouped. We generally spend between $50 and $500 a weekend (depends on what track/event and how far away it is) and come home with a $3 trophy or 2.

Bryce

Old 09-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Youth ATV Racing

Originally posted by: scrumhalf999999
I was refering to the park making the money..This race park only holds mx bike racing now..They said there isn't enough interest in youth quad racing and they would lose money holding them...

I don't care if my kids comes in last place every race as long as they have fun and enjoy it!!! Right now there is no place close by for them to race at.

So hopefully enough kids show up and have a great time and show the park there is kids and parents interested in the sport.

Old 09-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default Youth ATV Racing

Right on..sorry i missunderstood..In that case good luck with it I hope you and your kids have fun!

Old 09-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Youth ATV Racing

Is ther any Youth ATV racing in the west? Trying to get people going in th Mini thing out here!

Old 09-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Youth ATV Racing

A track loosing $ to minis eh....
Lets see:: 3 lousy minis show. There are 6-9 entrys at the gate. 3 race entrys.I look at that at approx 90$+
The track should give out small plaques/trophys to all 3 @ 5$. seems like 3 riders should net them 75$ minimum.Not bad for 2- 4 minute motos, but that's just me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It will grow and hopefully the promotor will see that.
10 years ago when Angela was starting out there were 2-5 minis show up. Now it's common to see a full gate.

Old 09-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Youth ATV Racing

LT80 - I agree with you..I don't see how they are going to lose $$.. I'm hoping enough show that they get the idea...

Only time will tell though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Range Rover
Default Youth ATV Racing

See if they'll let you piggy back with their normal MX series. If you're trying to get a Mini-Quad series the a track to itself, that's jsut not going to happen right away. We are starting the 3rd GMQA series, and we just now got one track to do a quad only race for our next season.. teh rest are all mixed MX and Quad.

Bryce

Quick Reply: Youth ATV Racing