Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yamoto's

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto's

Has anyone come up with a solution to the yamoto 150 rear wheel spacers on the axels working loose and rattling, The wheel dosent seem to be loose but the noise is a pain.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yamoto's

Does "thread lock tight" keep stops the nuts / bolts on your wheel spacer from coming loose??? I read a previous post where someone's engine bolt (or something like that) kept coming loose. Lock tight didn't work. For him, he installed lock washers that have corigated edges (some folks call these winged lock washers). Sorry, I don't know the proper name for these special lock washers.

Wonder if this type of lock washer would help keep your wheel spacer nuts / bolts tight??? Might be worth trying....

Old 11-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamoto's

Originally posted by: perdition
Has anyone come up with a solution to the yamoto 150 rear wheel spacers on the axels working loose and rattling, The wheel dosent seem to be loose but the noise is a pain.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Yeah, those spacers rattling around on the rear axle are annoying. I was wondering how to tightent those up.

Old 11-08-2004, 02:38 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Yamoto's

On my wifes yamoto 150 all you have to do is tighten the axle bolt's. The one in the center of the hub with the cotter pin in it. If the first side is tight then you can tighten the other side. If both sides are tight then your hubs are bottoming on the axle splines not on the spacer so you might have to put a washer between the hub and spacer.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamoto's

I can get them both tight and the rattle stops for a while but eventually the castle nuts loosen up again, even with thread lock.ive stripped 2 castle nuts already.

Old 11-08-2004, 08:04 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Yamoto's

Originally posted by: perdition
I can get them both tight and the rattle stops for a while but eventually the castle nuts loosen up again, even with thread lock.ive stripped 2 castle nuts already.
That is pretty crazy. The only thing I can think of is an old fashion split lock washer under each nut.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamoto's

Yup, gonna try that next,probably wont be able to use the cotter pins that way.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yamoto's

Yes, mine did that too. A few spacer washers between the castle nut and the wheel so the cotter pin would hold the nut, and replace the cotter pin with a slightly larger one (steel). It has'nt worked loose since. I hate this stupid bike lots of power for the kids ,but a constant thorn in my side. Mod after mod it still sux.

Old 01-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yamoto's

Yeah they are deinately cheaply made,wish I would have Known somebody that had one before I bought them.There is always something to work on with them.Guess the old saying is true LOL."You get what you pay for"