Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yerf Dog moto 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 02:48 PM
JF
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yerf Dog moto 90cc

Just working on putting one together I bought at BJ's warehouse but I got two problems.
One is what appears to be a vacuum hose running from the front of the engine to ? that I can't figure out and the other is a screw that was laying on the engine case that I can't seem to find a home for either - it looks similar to the one used for throttle adjustment by the handbrake but that's there and is ok...any help would be appreciated - trying to get it together for Xmas.
Pics of what I'm talking about can be found on link below...click on thumbs to enlarge...

Thanx for any info

JF
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Yerf Piks

Old 12-12-2004, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, I don't know very much about the details of the Yerf mini. However, surf:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...hreadid=421582

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...hreadid=375186

These historical Yerf posts / replies seem to have lots of details and/or links that may be able to help you.

If you are really stuck, try PMing a few people who have a Yerf Dog 90. Perhaps they can compare your online pictures to their working units. Sure hope you can get it working before the 25th.

Hope this helps...

Old 12-13-2004, 02:44 AM
JF
Weekend Warrior

Thanks - if I can find one that is setup then I can probably figure it out. I'm goimg to look around today...

Old 12-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

There should only be two lines coming out of the front of your engine. A small black line that goes to the carburetor and a bigger black line that goes to the oil tank.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:15 PM
JF
Weekend Warrior

Sounds right I just can't seem to find the connector for the oil tank one to hook the line onto. Called the help line at Yerf Dog and a tech was supposed to call me back but hasn't yet - now just keeps asking me to leave a message...

Old 12-19-2004, 10:06 AM
JF
Weekend Warrior

The service tech and the mechanic I brought it to said that it was just a breather valve/hose but that still doesn't make sense. Why would they put a hose cinch clamp on the end of a breather hose? I am concerned that I'm still missing something critical here. The hose definitley wants to go under the starter and would appear to want to attach to something there but I can't find it.
Does anyone own one of these?
Moto SS 90cc
The hose comes out of here
Front end attachment
and here it is coming out
Other end
Seems to want to go here
Atachment?
Here's a whole bunch of other pics...kinda scattered but gives the overall view - click on images to enlarge
Many pictures...
Any thoughts, comments or help appreciated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

JF, I don't have this machine, but my Yamoto 150 looks extremely similar. I have the same hose with the same clamp hanging in the same place....and your carb looks incredibly similar to mine. I too wondered where it goes, but Yamoto technical support says it is a vent/breather and it shouldn't have a clamp on it. I'm very weary of this answer as I suspect it has something to do with the carbureation and choke which I believe work on some sort of vacuum.
Any Yamoto owners with a set up like this....can you trace this hose and see where it connects???

Old 12-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

JF
I have had one of these for my kids for over a year now. I also bought it at BJ's. Yerf Dog no longer has this in the line. The same exact quad has shown up as a "Cyclone 90" at a website TJ's Powersports.
http://www.tjpowersports.com/cyclone.php The screw looks like the throttle limiter screw on mine. My quad has held up perfectly over the last year plus. It gets regular trail use and hasn't failed yet. We live in the Northeast so it sees rain, snow, sleet, cold, hot, etc... It could be an extra part? The tube on mine doesn't have a clamp and just hangs in the air as well. I didn't trace it anywhere, I just figured it was some kind of a breather hose. Based on the way my quad has run so far, it isn't a problem. Best of luck setting it up and I hope it treats you as well as it has treated my kids.

Old 12-20-2004, 07:54 PM
JF
Weekend Warrior

Thanx - I'll just figure the screw to be an extra part that went awry, take the cinch attachment off the "breather" tube, tuck it under the starter and go from there.
This is for my 7 year old daughter and, at 1st, will be a backyard machine while she get's used to it. Have you throttle adjusted yours down fairly low? Is there a problem setting it at 5-10 for starters or will it stall. It's the last thing I need to do this week before she gets it as a present...
I also live up here in the Northeast (Mass) so good to hear it can take the weather and some trail riding.
Thanks a lot...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2004, 10:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally posted by: Will67
JF, I don't have this machine, but my Yamoto 150 looks extremely similar. I have the same hose with the same clamp hanging in the same place....and your carb looks incredibly similar to mine. I too wondered where it goes, but Yamoto technical support says it is a vent/breather and it shouldn't have a clamp on it. I'm very weary of this answer as I suspect it has something to do with the carbureation and choke which I believe work on some sort of vacuum.
Any Yamoto owners with a set up like this....can you trace this hose and see where it connects???
I thought the exact same thing with my wifes yamoto 150, have the clamp and everything, was told the same thing by yamoto and have had the quad completely apart and cant find any place to put it. I have ziptied the hose to the frame.

Quick Reply: Yerf Dog moto 90cc