Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

cobra race quad

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cobra race quad

hey has anyone seen one of these for the kids yet.has anyone else even heard of it. i saw a picture of one and would like to know a little more if anyone knows thanks...

Old 12-28-2004, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default cobra race quad

Go to page 4 under this heading. There have been several post on this quad in the past.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default cobra race quad

There is 1 (one) out being tested at this time. A 2nd is suposed to be tested soon.
It's reportedly fast, but bugs need to be worked out like most other new machines.
Don't look for them to be available for at least 3-6 months IMO.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default cobra race quad

Today was the day ! My son got his first ride on his ECX Cobra. First day impression, Fast ! No I mean fast. A surprise that will take getting used to is the twist throttle. My son currently is racing his 2004 Ltz 250 at our local track ,it's a four stroke, shaft drive, 5 speed automatic and heavy compared to the Cobra. About the only thing it has in common with the Cobra is they both have tires. It helped that my son had a Kx 60 dirtbike for a about a year so the clutch and twist thottle came fairly easy. The problem seemed to be the shifting it is much different from a four stroke. Keeping the RPM's up in the turns seemed to be the problem , ******* a four stroke through a corner is much different from feathering the clutch and keeping the RPM's up.But after about an hour he started catching on , He still needs work but it was'nt as tough as I expected. I will say the Cobra is not for the first time rider it is a full blown race machine that could be very difficult and demoralizing to a new rider. It's going to take some time, but he had a blast to day! -------

Old 05-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default cobra race quad

how`s the cobra holding up ?
i`m very intersted in getting one but need alittle more info before i fork out $8,000.
thanks.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default cobra race quad

Originally posted by: Fitz
Today was the day ! My son got his first ride on his ECX Cobra. First day impression, Fast ! No I mean fast. A surprise that will take getting used to is the twist throttle. My son currently is racing his 2004 Ltz 250 at our local track ,it's a four stroke, shaft drive, 5 speed automatic and heavy compared to the Cobra. About the only thing it has in common with the Cobra is they both have tires. It helped that my son had a Kx 60 dirtbike for a about a year so the clutch and twist thottle came fairly easy. The problem seemed to be the shifting it is much different from a four stroke. Keeping the RPM's up in the turns seemed to be the problem , ******* a four stroke through a corner is much different from feathering the clutch and keeping the RPM's up.But after about an hour he started catching on , He still needs work but it was'nt as tough as I expected. I will say the Cobra is not for the first time rider it is a full blown race machine that could be very difficult and demoralizing to a new rider. It's going to take some time, but he had a blast to day! -------
I heard they are little rippers!!
Ive read some are having some issues with theres, let us know how dependable it keeps ya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We would like to have one ourselves!

So, any chance of it being able to covert to a thumb throddle??

Old 05-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default cobra race quad

I do agree they are rippers!!
Rider is most of it, but it still takes a machine under them.
With that said, I want to share this, I'm sure you understand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
:::::::::::::::
Hey Jack.....

Even when Justin's LT80 does not run top notch, it can still beat a Cobra....

XXX XXXXX, a kid who is running a Cobra, was at the track on Friday night.

We have raced against XXX for a couple of years when he was running more local races and running a Scrammy. Now the kid is running Nat's on a Cobra.

All I hear is that the Cobra is so fast, and that even though it is only a 65/70 it will smoke all of our 80's and 90's.

So I was pretty interested to see it perform on the track against our minis.

In the heat race, Justin, Jordan and my nephew Tanner all beat the Cobra off the line to the first corner. Justin checked out and the Cobra chased down Tanner and Jordan, until the Cobra, ran up on a berm and got stuck. He maybe could have caught Jordan and Tanner, he would have never caught Justin. In the main, Justin again pulled the hole shot, but the Cobra was right behind. The Cobra chased Justin for a couple of laps, until Justin made a mistake in the corner, allowing the Cobra a chance to get by. Justin could not reel him back in. So he had to settle for second. I am very happy to have Justin's "Little LT80" perform so well against the Cobra, even with it not running as good as it could right now. In this case, "Don't believe the Cobra hype"!

I edited the name of the Cobra rider/locations/etc. for privacy resons.. It's not my intent to discredit anyone or machine in any way shape or form.

A high five to all the riders and their machines.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]