Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What's the best 80/90 for moderate terrain trail riding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best 80/90 for moderate terrain trail riding?

I am leaning in that direction. I'm going to have to bit the bullet and spend a bit more to get the 4stroke, but I have a inclination that it will be well worth it in the end. It will last for years and I'll be glad I did. Now, I just have to talke Mrs. Psycmike into it. ;-) he he he.

Old 02-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

Good maintaince and not letting your kids ride it like they stole it can go a long way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

It looks as if you don't have the Sportsman 90 anymore. Is there a reason? Were you happy with it? Was it dependable? Any "buyer beware" kind of information?

Old 02-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Psycmike
Thanks for all the input. ...and I knew I'd be one more person asking the same questions over again, but felt I had had different needs and country to play in. Again, thanks
sorry Famous Potatoes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] , i wasn't criticizing you for your post. The question is generally the same, but asked a bit differently for each unique situation (as it should be). I was just making the observation that people in your shoes must feel like they've got info overload..... " so now what do i do?"....

and great point quadduck...typically we're gonna pedal what we own.. cuz we like it! (hopefully).altho, i've had 9 different kids quads (LT160, 2 Kasea Mighty-Mites, Honda 90, LT80, LT50, Yamaha Moto 80, Raptor 80 and Yamaha Breeze).

Old 02-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Psycmike
Good to hear. I love my Sportsman and trust those machines. I can get an '04 for 1800, new and out of the box. My local dealer wants to move it. How does it do on the inclines. Do you have to rev the 2 cycle motor to get over rocky terrian? My fear with a two stroke is that you can't go slow over rocky trails on an incline. How about reverse? Do you wish you had it or is it manageble without it?
No - rocky terrain wasn't an issue. its geared pretty low so inclines were not a problem. Those mountain climbs were more chanllenging then what most riders will ever expereince on any ATV and the 90 kept up pretty good. At the top of the mountains power was gone and it couldn't climb much over 9800 feet. Reverse with a youth is a receipe for problems in my opinion. The girl could get off and yank it backwards if needed most of the time.

She rode the snot out of that little quad until she was 14 and we picked up the Honda Recon. Neighbor bought the 90 and his kids are still riding it all the time.

Old 02-10-2005, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Hey confused I always notice you bragging up your MIGHT MITES[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadduck
Hey confused I always notice you bragging up your MIGHT MITES[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I only owned them for 1-2 months. i was lucky to flip 'em for what i paid for them. kids had maybe 3 rides on them. luckily they improved their subsequent quads so if you really didn't do your homework (like me), you'd think the mighty-mites were good quads like the newer Kaseas turned out to be. AND... i see they're distributed out of yer hometown....so NOW you guys gave us Starburnt coffeee, Boeing, Kasea, Seahawks, and Microsoft. WHat's the next POS yer gonna drop on us? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] oops, boeing makes good planes.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, I am gonna have to take back my offer for bbq when you make your trek down this way if you keep dissing my Seachickens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2005, 04:09 AM
Pro Rider

hey bud, they're my team too... even after 25+ frustrating years of loyal following! did you spend $400 to drive from another country, line up, drink copious amounts of beer at the "no alcochol allowed" tailgate party, (and in the stadium), just to watch their most sure-handed receiver drop a great on-the-money pass on the last play of the game, against the lowly Rams? well, me and 8 of my Canadian pals did!! it's okay tho, cuz they woulda lost the next week against the Falcons anyways.

so anyways, did i hear someone say bbq? where? when?

Old 02-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Range Rover

WhoDatInDaMud,
Did you have troubles with the chain and it not being able to stay tight? In reading the posts here on the board, Spike99 often talks of the troubles he used to have prior to adding a tension adjustment thingie to his Preditor 90. Did you have any problems with fouling plugs? Just a few more questions
Thanks for your time, dude.

Quick Reply: What's the best 80/90 for moderate terrain trail riding?