Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

Originally posted by: ltdaddyo
its the only turnable brass screw on it
Okay, so I should turn it all the way in, then back it out to 3.5 turns?? Will this screw fix my issue, or do I still need to screw the top needle down, and if so, how far down do I go??

Old 02-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

if that dont help, its probally internal take it back to the shop or take it apart to check the jets ,floats etc....

Old 02-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ltdaddyo
if that dont help, its probally internal take it back to the shop or take it apart to check the jets ,floats etc....
How far down do I screw the top needle??

Old 02-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

When he's talking about screwing down the needle. He thinks that you have to screw the top of the carb down. I think. To raise the needle to increase more gas flow you have to remove the top of the carb. unscrew the top off the carb.then you will see a spring with the throttle cable going into it. The throttlecable goes into the slide. If you look at the bottom of the slide there is a needle sticking out the bottom. You need to push the needle out the top of the slide. Once you remove the needle you will see it has a little c clip which fits into groves . Take the c clip off the needle and put it 1 groove lower on the needle. You will move the clip down 1 groove towards the point of the needle. Then put back together. If you just removed the 2 restrictors you shouldn't have to rejet. I didn't have to on the 03 lt80 I had.

Old 02-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bluetickracing
When he's talking about screwing down the needle. He thinks that you have to screw the top of the carb down. I think. To raise the needle to increase more gas flow you have to remove the top of the carb. unscrew the top off the carb.then you will see a spring with the throttle cable going into it. The throttlecable goes into the slide. If you look at the bottom of the slide there is a needle sticking out the bottom. You need to push the needle out the top of the slide. Once you remove the needle you will see it has a little c clip which fits into groves . Take the c clip off the needle and put it 1 groove lower on the needle. You will move the clip down 1 groove towards the point of the needle. Then put back together. If you just removed the 2 restrictors you shouldn't have to rejet. I didn't have to on the 03 lt80 I had.

Okay, I think I have a list of things to do, let me know if I'm correct.

1.Screw the air/fuel screw all the way in then turn it 3.5 turns out
2.Movce the clip on the needle down one slot then reinstall
3.screw the top of the carb (brass pieces)all the way down

I'm going out to the shed right now to try this (10:33pm), I will post the results once I'm done

Thanks for all your help guys!!!

Old 02-20-2005, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer

Well, same results[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. I did the following

1. turned the only brass screw in all the way then backed it out 3.5 turns (turned out to be the idle screw after all, I had to back it out more or the quad would take off as soon as I started it
2. moved the clip to the third notch on the needle (stock was 2nd notch)
3. screwed the top of the carb (throttle cable) down more into the carb

I didn't get any better results. Anyone else have any ideas I can try???

Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

Once the quad is started if you get it full throttle, it starts to go real good then starts sputtering then if you let off the gas it will die! Any ideas??

Old 02-20-2005, 12:43 AM
AJ1
Weekend Warrior

Did you remove the exaust restrictor? How about the thumb throttle screw on the handle bar? There is no air screw just idle. Tighten top of carb down snug. Brass nuts are for cable adjust. Set for slight play at

Old 02-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: AJ1
Did you remove the exaust restrictor? How about the thumb throttle screw on the handle bar? There is no air screw just idle. Tighten top of carb down snug. Brass nuts are for cable adjust. Set for slight play at
All restrictors removed. I took another look in the manual (it shows the top of the carb apart) I noticed that in the picture there is a little odd shaped bushing looking thing in that picture, I don't have one of those in my carb (unless I misplaced it during the removal of the restrictor). Would anyone happen to know what I'm talking about??

Old 02-20-2005, 12:59 AM
AJ1
Weekend Warrior

Set for slight play at WOT. Is the plastic washer still under the clip? If not the needle is to low. Goes in this order,plastic washer, needle with clip, metal washer with notches, spring, carb top.

Quick Reply: AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)