Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

new lt 80 need want a little more 4 the dunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new lt 80 need want a little more 4 the dunes

We just got an 05 a couple months ago.We want a little more power for the dunes.What would be the first thing we should do to get a little more.Working over the belt system seems to come up a lot.We ride mostly in the woods so not sure if that would be a good idea or not.We for sure would like to get a pipe soon for the power but mostly to sound good for now till my boy gets a little older then we'll open her up more . What pipe would work well in the woods but also help him in the dunes? thanks for all the help I appreciate it and also my boy ,its almost his B-day so he's really wanting to get a pipe to make some noise like the big guys!!!!! THANKS AGAIN.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forums.
The cheapest pipe is the DG. It's loud and works OK with a stock or modded motor.
I usually recommend a Trinity pipe, but that's to compliment my motor kit. I've not tuned a Trinity pipe to a stock motor.
If your wanting to kill 2 birds with one stone, then get the Trinity pipe and I'll help you tune it in.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BALDY
We just got an 05 a couple months ago.We want a little more power for the dunes.What would be the first thing we should do to get a little more.Working over the belt system seems to come up a lot.We ride mostly in the woods so not sure if that would be a good idea or not.We for sure would like to get a pipe soon for the power but mostly to sound good for now till my boy gets a little older then we'll open her up more . What pipe would work well in the woods but also help him in the dunes? thanks for all the help I appreciate it and also my boy ,its almost his B-day so he's really wanting to get a pipe to make some noise like the big guys!!!!! THANKS AGAIN.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Hey BALDY................
which Aberdeen you in????????
Washington??????????????????

Old 03-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

were from the Aberdeen that is only an hour and half from you.........

Old 03-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks LT 80 its guys like u that make this site what it is.I will become a member in the next couple of days to help keep it going.You help a lot of people I see your replies everywhere that is just awesome.I have to get the boys to school and I have to work all weekend but when I get up Sat morning ID like to here more........ THANKS BALDY.........

Old 03-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Yeh let Lt80 do his thing and you wont be disatisfied. My 110# boy goes up comp hill at glamis

Old 03-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BALDY
were from the Aberdeen that is only an hour and half from you.........
cool.

You are right on about Jack (akaLT80).
My daughter LT80 is still pretty dang stock. But I've done a couple little things I've learned from these guys, and each one has worked well. Helped my daughter out pretty good. The lil things runs pretty good. she races it and you can see the improvements in the quad.....

Go check out the WHERE TO RIDE section.
Jump in the PUGET SOUND/SEATTLE AREA RIDERS MEET HERE thread.
Lots of great people to ride with.
We have a pretty big group, riders from North to South.
There is always somebody to ride with. Or get advice. Lots of knowledgable folks.
We ride everything from easy going trails, to technical trails, to snow, the dunes from Moses Lake the Coos Bay, to sme racers.
Riders of every ability and experience.
I guarantee you won't find a better group of people....... Some real characters

Anyway, good luck with the LT.
If you do a SEARCH in this section, type in LT80 and then LT 80 (with a space). You'll find tons of info.

Take care

Oh ya, what dunes do ya ride?
How often do ya go?

Old 03-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer

I went on a three day trip to WINCHESTER BAY last summer. We have been to Sand Lakes many times. I have been working weekends for a while so I go mid week with my buddies or my kids when school is out. I will not take my family to Sand Lakes on the weekends. If you have heard about their bad reputation - it is true. It is totally crazy. There have been lots of bad accidents. When school is out, I plan on taking my boys camping with some friends and their kids mid week to Sand Lakes. It is tolerable then. I have a 4 year old and a hard riding 6 year old, so my 4 year old and I usually stay down by the water and my 6 year old rides on the dunes that are closest to the ocean. When I am with my kids, we try to stay out of the main dunes. We are planning several mid week camping trips at Sand Lakes this summer. If you are riding in the Olympia area during the week, let me know because I have about 5 buddies that work weekends with me that like to ride. I have a LT50 that I need to sell and I need to locate one more LT80. Be on the look out.
Baldy

Old 03-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey there,

Once school gets out, midweek trips to SL would be fun.
There is folks over on the PUGET SOUND AREA RIDER that go all the time.
From SL to Coos Bay.
Next trip planned is end of April to Florence.
There are also some near you that can, and do, ride midweek. Shelton area.
Go over there and check it out.
We could get together with you and your buddies and ride................ That would be fun.

My kids are 7, 8, and 10. And love riding, I'm also looking for another LT80[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
What year and how much you want for the 50? I might be interested, or know somebody that is.
PM the info to me if you want.............
If you post that in the PSAR thread, you may find soembody that wants it to.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

Beware, coming soon to shelton fairgrounds CLOSURE! it was just in the local shelton paper and dosen't look good as the commisioners are trying to cut liabilaties. As for doing the mods it really won't get faster it will just get quciker and have more power for hills.

Quick Reply: new lt 80 need want a little more 4 the dunes