Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Anybody heard of Yamato (not yamoto)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005 | 06:38 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Anybody heard of Yamato (not yamoto)

A vendor near me has 150 Yamato's that I am looking at -

Does anyone have any experience with these, spare part availability, anything at all that you can tell me about them???

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 03-21-2005 | 07:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They are EXACTLY the same as Yamoto.

Old 03-21-2005 | 09:24 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

just went on ebay, and except for the rear end that appears to house the reverse mechanism. It looks exactly like a yamoto to me.

Old 03-21-2005 | 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Wasn't that Jim Belushi's Character on Saturday Night Live, when he was doign the Samurai Deli??

Seriously, its probably a typo.

Old 03-22-2005 | 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

to the guy that has one for his wife Have you had any problems with that quad,if so ca you tell me what they are.Will the 150 be enough to putt at the sand dunes,or on the trails?My buddy wants to buy one for his daughter and I am thinking about 1 for my wife to putt behind the boys.A friend of his just bought one for his daughter and after two outings so far so good!!!!! Seems like they are poping up a lot more but is the 150 enough?

Old 03-22-2005 | 03:53 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BALDY
to the guy that has one for his wife Have you had any problems with that quad,if so ca you tell me what they are.Will the 150 be enough to putt at the sand dunes,or on the trails?My buddy wants to buy one for his daughter and I am thinking about 1 for my wife to putt behind the boys.A friend of his just bought one for his daughter and after two outings so far so good!!!!! Seems like they are poping up a lot more but is the 150 enough?
The yamoto 150 is a great entry level quad or great for some one who just wants to putt around. I would not reccomend one of these to some one with no mechanical back ground either. They do need to have a few bugs worked out and there is no service manual that I am aware of. The biggest drawback to these is rear suspension or the lack of it. But as long as speeds are kept down and on fairly smooth terrain, they work good. As for problems I would do a search for "Yamoto 150cc Review" and start reading, lots of info there for sure. As for their use in sand I am not completely sure yet. The wife doesnt like the dunes and I prefer my CR500R in sand. I would think it would do ok but definitely not a pure sand machine. Softer more ballooney tires would probubly help there too. It really wants to dig into the sand easily but will move if given a push. Not sure if it would pull paddles, but Im sure some one here has tried them. It makes good power just not a bunch of it. It pulls pretty hard up to its top speed of 32 real well in the dirt and has plenty of power for hills. Just not high rpm hp. Hope that makes sense.

Old 03-22-2005 | 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

My Yamoto delaer has replaced 3 engines from people at the dunes. There are too many "holes" in the yamoto to make serious sand machine. I love mine, but its still a poor example of a quad. I've used more tools in the last 2 months, than I have in years. But, you get what you pay for, and thats what I wanted for a first quad. Plus, my kids are learninga bout the value of good tools and the value of a dollar.

Old 03-23-2005 | 08:30 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: RAMTechRC
My Yamoto delaer has replaced 3 engines from people at the dunes. There are too many "holes" in the yamoto to make serious sand machine. I love mine, but its still a poor example of a quad. I've used more tools in the last 2 months, than I have in years. But, you get what you pay for, and thats what I wanted for a first quad. Plus, my kids are learninga bout the value of good tools and the value of a dollar.
Hi RAMtechRC, which quad did he replace engines on? Was it from the extended high rpm? Or the stock airbox? Know what you mean about the tools. You do get very familiar with a yamoto quad. Feel bad for people with no mech. skills that end up with one. gotta be a night mare.

Old 03-23-2005 | 10:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is it something with Yamoto? My son has a Kazuma 110 and we have had zero problems with it. He rides it every weekend. It starts first time every time. Runs like a champ. I am a certified Toyota mechanic so I was expecting to have to work on it but once I put on the wheel spacers, changed oil, went over all the nuts, and broke it in it has been a great little quad. Is the Kazuma quality a little better than Yamoto?

Old 03-23-2005 | 10:48 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

2manytoys, I am not sure about which is better quality since I have never seen a kazuma in person. The yamotos seem to have carb/running problems. And the stock suspension is a joke. IMO What kind of suspension travel is there on a kazuma 110? the yamotos are about 1.5" in front and on my wifes about 3/4" in the rear. The pics of the newer yamotos show a longer travel shock in the rear but it still doesnt look like more than 1 1/2" to me. Not acceptable on a 150cc quad IMO. Barely acceptable on a 110cc. Seems like 3" could easily be obtained for not much more money.

Quick Reply: Anybody heard of Yamato (not yamoto)