Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

BUYING UNISON DESERT CAT 90

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUYING UNISON DESERT CAT 90

Monday I will be buying a Unison Desert Cat 90. If anyone has any input or pros or con against it PLEASE let me know.

When I get it I will give a full review.

Thanks
Roman

Old 03-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I can tell you that the Unison 90 is up there with the top name brands. Great power, very rugged, looks great and reliable.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

Hi,
We have a GPX Raider 90, same as your Unison will be. So far we are very happy with it. Ran a tank of 50:1 pre-mix on first tank for break-in, in case of air in injection system and better for motor IMO. Ours didn't come with a chain tensioner and got one from Unison, must have. Our rear shock is useless (way to stiff), Unison has some different shocks out but not sure if they are any better. We will be getting Works shocks as we are going to race MX. Was 42 deg. here today and with a NGK B7HS plug it ran great with stock jetting at the beach. Started to cool off and it needed a bigger main jet, didn't have one so put a B8HS plug in and was fine. We have a rear foot break but is so tall (has to raise his foot to high) my son usually only uses the rear hand brake. Will be cutting it off and welding it back on later. Got some 35w bulbs to change out the stock ones and where brighter in the housing but didn't project any better at night, poor design of the reflector and lens. Installed a cheap 50w driving light on it. Also will make a connection for a helmet light we use on the snowmachines. Not sure if Unison is the same but all the places that should have a cotter pin had a quick connect push pin installed. I removed all of them and replaced with a cotter pin. I haven't had any problems with loose bolts so far and all important bolts had paint pen marks on them. Haven't had to get any but have heard that plastics are very reasonable compared to some others. Hope this helps and if you have a specific questions I will try to help.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

I'm kinda thinking I might go with the Unison 90 to. Are there any aftermarket companies making parts for these quads? I seen that it had a rear skid plate but didn't look to sturdy. I tried out a Eton Viper but the local dealer was asking way to much in my opinion...$2199.

JMiller

Old 03-27-2005, 10:35 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Sandragggen
I'm kinda thinking I might go with the Unison 90 to. Are there any aftermarket companies making parts for these quads? I seen that it had a rear skid plate but didn't look to sturdy. I tried out a Eton Viper but the local dealer was asking way to much in my opinion...$2199.

JMiller

For performance parts, call WRH Racing or Hetrick Racing.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

I got our GPX Raider 90 for $1199.00 before X-mas. It didn't come with reverse though. I can get it but Unison is working on an electronic actuator one for next year instead of the manuall shift lever. Only problem is if it will be rpm sensitive like some others I've read about. Don't need it till fall after racing is over so can wait. Tuned pipes aren't availabel yet, that I have found, for the reverse equiped quads. There are alot of aftermarket parts for these as so many of the quads are about the same. I have talked with both Hetrick and MiniAtv.com, they are familiar with these quads and offer parts for them. I was going to go with the Polaris Predator but since we are going to race I figured if the GPX turned out to be a half decent quad I would have $1000.00 to buy after market parts and still be cheaper then the Polaris. Living here in Alaska the dealers don't really stock much for these quads so everything is mail order anyway for me. That brown truck gets here pretty fast though.

Old 03-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for all the replies, they were great.

I will be buying one from John @raceway on monday.

Thank again.

Roman

Happy Easter