Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma Dingo MkII Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Dingo MkII Problem

Hi,

We've had a Kazuma Mk 2 since last November, and apart from a minor electrical issue on assembly - its been fine....until now. My son was using it and travelling around slowly on our field - and it just cut out - he was trying to restart it when I arrived. The overflow on the carb was leaking fuel real bad. Even for some minutes after I'd shut the fuel tap. Fuel was also pouring out of the base of the air filter housing.

I'll be pulling it apart over the next day or two but so far..... the tank seems fine, so I can only assume it was badly flooded because my son was trying to start it continually - there was a LOT of fuel. The engine turns over but shows no sign of wanting to start (normally its no problem). I'll check the ignition system tomorrow but wondered if anyone had any other ideas...how reliable is the ignition system normally?

Cheers

Mike

Old 03-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

The float might be stuck. Also there is some report of the on off switch on the handle bar getting corroded. They say to disconnect it and give that shot.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You might want to pull and replace the plug because it is flooded also. Yes it sounds like the float stuck open. Could be minor carb repair and it sounds like you are still under warranty for the carb.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks all for the tips, up and running again - not sure what the problem was but I took the carb off and cleaned it, there was a little dirt but the valve/float chamber seemed ok (but I cleaned and blew them out anyway). Cleaned the jet and airfilter as well - started easily, my grumpy 14 year old son is happy again. Guess I need to buy an inline fuel filter - surprised there isn't one on there anyway

Not stripped a carb down for years!

Thanks again

Mike