Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Getting ready to pull the triger on a couple Kazumas..need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to pull the triger on a couple Kazumas..need advice

I will most likely buy from Raceway......from reading the topics here they seem to be good folks............I will purchase a couple Kazuma 110's for my sons....But first

How many people here have a Kazuma product?
How long have you had it?
Are they still running?
Would you purchases a Kazuma again?

I dont have money to throw out the window...... I grew up poor and when my dad bought us things it was usually someone elses junk......Nothing more disappointing to a kid than to get a new toy and cant ride it because it is broke or breaks after the first trip out.

Please be honest and give me your thoughts

Jeff

Old 06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy got two of them a couple of years ago. He really regrets it (but not as much as his wife does.......she complains about his purchase endlessly). They are both now sitting useless in his garage! Last weekend I had to tow one many miles, when it pooped out on a very long cross-country ride. His kids will be back on LT80's soon.

The Kazuma just doesn't have the refined design or quality control of the Japaneese manufacturers. The only kids machine that I can recommend without reservation is the HONDA 90. Ours have proved to be dead solid reliable and of high quality. We did at one time have an LT80 which was a good machine, but I got rid of it beacuse it lacks engine braking for descending rough trails.

Here in the forum, it's the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had several Kazuma ATV's The problem with these internet sellers is they reallly don't have parts support. They are just drop shippers at the mercy of the distributor for parts. With that said Kazuma is fine if you are not going to race and ride hard. If you go the Kazuma direct get one from www.kazumausa.com as they have parts. It took me months to find a parts source and they have them. If you want a real quality no name ATV go with Eton, Dinli, Jackel or Kimko. These are a little more expensive but well worth the money in the non OEM arena in my opinion.

Robert

Old 06-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But the question you have to ask yourself is WHY ARE YOU NEEDING TO BUY PARTS IN THE FIRST PLACE??? Maybe because the crappy thing breaks down all the time???

I don't recall ever buying a single "part" for either of my Hondas or Suzuki! Just a backup air filter, oil, and the occasional spark plug.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: reconranger
But the question you have to ask yourself is WHY ARE YOU NEEDING TO BUY PARTS IN THE FIRST PLACE??? Maybe because the crappy thing breaks down all the time???

I don't recall ever buying a single "part" for either of my Hondas or Suzuki! Just a backup air filter, oil, and the occasional spark plug.

Recon

I cant speak for others...But, I am in this forum looking at crap (as you put it) because I cant afford to purchase 2 of the big 4.

If you can that is great....Why are you in this forum??

If it takes me purchasing Chinese knock offs to put a smile on my boys face...then so be it.

The purpose of my post was to see the longevity of these quads, not to open it up to bashing.

But I am thankful for your input

Jeff

Old 06-07-2005, 09:13 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I really dont want to get into chinese quad bashing or defending, however I find it hard to believe you have never bought a "part" for any of your toys. No brake shoes/pads, cables, chains, sprockets? Nothing? Ever?

Old 06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer

We've had an Eton 50 for 2 1/2 years and have never HAD to buy a part because of breakage or quality.

Jeff1216,
Our neighbor has a Kazuma and has had quite a few problems with it. If you have enough money to buy 2 right now, I'd tell you to continue saving for a few more months and get something with better quality.(Eton, Kasea, Dinli, Unison, etc...) My $.02.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Jeff I bought a Kazuma 50 for my son a few months ago. It still runs but has had its problems. If I could do it all over again I would go to a name brand dealer and look over some used ones before I bought a Kazuma new again. The are ok but you will definatly have to work on them all the time and wonder if the next time riding will be the last. Not the way I like to spend my money. Like I said it has been ok but I would save up and get something better if I were you and just want to ride. Which ones were u thinking of getting?

Old 06-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ended up picking up a Kymco 50 for the little one today......Now I am on the hunt for one for my 10 year old.....Thinking about the Desert Cat 90

Old 06-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Screw it..................just bought a 05 raptor 80cc for my 10 year old................I am officially broke

Quick Reply: Getting ready to pull the triger on a couple Kazumas..need advice