Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

GoScoot.com is not honest. Buyer beware....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GoScoot.com is not honest. Buyer beware....

I bought a Meerkat 50 from Goscoot.com in Mandeville Louisiana. About two months after I purchased it, the intake manifold cracked with a 5 year old riding it. I called the guy at Goscoot and told him the problem. He told me that the bike was under warranty for parts and labor and I should take it in and they would fix it under warranty. I called him back and told him that it was more trouble than it was worth to drive it all the way to him to change a $30 part. I asked him if they could just send me the part and let me change it myself. He agreed and told me to go the the website and order the part.

A couple days later when I thought about it, it dawned on me that to order the part off of the website, I had to pay for it. I called him back and asked him how to get the part off the internet under warranty. This time, he had a whole new story. He said that he never told me that the part was under warranty because the warranty only covers manufacturing defects. I asked him what he considered a cracked intake manifold and the told me that that part wasn't ever covered under warranty because it breaks a lot.

I asked him if he wanted to lose my business forever over a $30 part and he told me that there was nothing he could do. He was very unprofessional and had a huge attitude with me.

I cannot stand people like him and I will never do business with GOSCOOT.com again and I strongly discourage anyone from buying anything from him. I have heard much better things about RacewayATV, even though I called them and they wouldn't help me either. They stated that the "individual dealer" has the final say in what is covered and that they couldn't get involved since I didn't buy it from them. Noone can help. I have heard this too many times.

Sounds to me like Kazuma's warranty is worthless. Too bad, because it is a really nice little beginner quad for the money. I was going to buy another one for my little boy, but now I will just save up and get a decent Japanese made one from a more reputable company.

The reason for the post that the only recourse we have as consumers is our decision not to purchase from a bad dealer and force them to improve thier cusomer service or go out of business.

Old 06-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You need to call the BBB and file a complaint. The cracked manifold is a known problem and he even admitted it. That is a defect PERIOD!!! No one should expect a manifold to break unkless it is abused but then its a manifold and should never break in the first place. You also need to call him back or call KAzuma. This is a warranty issue and should not even be argued by the seller. Dont back off. Raceway is right on the warranty issue but if you get a part order it through them. John is a good guy and usually takes care of people in any way he can.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:25 AM
DV8
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the Info I'm getting ready to purchase 2 Kazuma falcon 250's and am looking for a reputable dealer, Has anyone ever dealt with Zach at white lightning powersports in Houston Texas?? I will definetly stay away from Goscoot. Maybe they should change thier name to "Go Away".

Old 06-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

I bought my Dingo 150 and SunL 50 from Zack. So far, he has stood by the products. I had an issue with the 50's chain coming off and he went to bat for me with the distributor and I got a new bike. I have a neighbor that bought from him and had a gear problem with a Dingo 150. The neighbor reported that Zack took care of it. He also seems to know the products pretty well. Luckily I'm in Houston so I was able to take advantage of Zack's excellent prices and not pay shipping.

Old 06-17-2005, 02:06 PM
geo
Trailblazer

you may consider repairing the manifold. a decent welder can make it look/work like new (and maybe even better).

Old 06-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

HomeDawg if you would like give me a call on Monday and I will help you out with the part!!!!!! I have them in stock and it's really not a big deal to me I will send you one!!!! I always try to help out the people in the forum!!!! Most on these people are really supportive to our company and the forum members come first to us. When you called you should have said you were a forum member and I am sure they would have help you! But just give me a call and we will get one right out to you!
Raceway ATV.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Very impressive Raceway ATV. It makes sense when you think about it. For a $30 part the good publicity from your post will easily be worth it, nevertheless it is still exceptional to see. Congrats on being one of the few companies who still recognise the value of service. Nice one.

Stuart

Old 06-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

weevil thanks for the reply. I guess our company looks at it from a costumers point of view. We total understand without costumers we would be out of business. I really don't understand other companies that will not help there customers. Word of mouth goes a very long way and our company survives on our reputation. I always thought taking care of your costumers is business 101!!!!! We try to do our best!
Thanks again.
Kids ATV Raceway ATV

Old 06-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just a quick note about racewayatv,I ordered my sons 50 on a sunday,(said 7-10 for delivery)received it 4 days later in great shape,runs like a champ and has plenty of power.just posted a question to them on another post(sunday) and received reply within 20 minutes.(which is hard to believe especially being sunday)It seems they really do care about there customers which is a very rare thing now a day.Keep up the good work and I would be happy to recommend them to anyone interested

Old 06-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

tobybucksnort thank you very much for your positive post. We really appreciate it!
Kids ATV Raceway ATV

Quick Reply: GoScoot.com is not honest. Buyer beware....