Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005 | 03:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

OK, so I decide to take both batteries into my local cycle dealer (where I bought my Yamaha Bruin) and asked about replacement batteries...the 50cc battery was a standard size and they had one in stock - but said they would try to revive the old battery first.....the 90cc battery was an odd height. Well, first they laughed and asked what kind of atv this came out of...told them Baja..they of course never heard of that brand...blah blah blah....they said that battery wasn't standard..didn't even find it in their parts book..but they did find something very similar...looked exactly the same except it was over an inch taller than the one I brought in. So..I had to go back to the atv and measure the depth...the new battery would fit.....so I asked the cycle shop to just prep the new battery, etc and forget the old battery since I already tried recharding it myself and it wouldn't hold. Anyway..$20 out of pocket for the battery...if this makes them both work, money well spent..if it doesn't solve this...I'm almost thinking of giving up and returning the darn things and spending the extra $ for a name-brand atv...but then i'll only be able to afford 1....what a mess this has been.

Old 12-14-2005 | 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

on the battery charger you need a 2 amp trickle charger,try wal-mart,

bill

Old 12-14-2005 | 06:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Yup thats the chatger I use on mine....I do adjust my gas cable as well.............. as mention above I would have went back to Pepboys with it.....my pepboys has a 7 day return policy.....the first one I got had a stuck choke....so I took it back and they gladly gave me another atv........not sure why you did not do that ?!?!.....in the P.D.I. prep (pre-delivery inspection) charge they do charge the battery and run the bike and also test the battery.....at least they are suppose to do that and you pay for that........mine was $29 buck's but they did not charge me........you should have took this up with pepboys and not Baja....IMHO......at least I always take my problems to the store first where I bought it.....they are a huge retailer and have always took good care of me no questions ask !!! It should work out for ya.........sounds like a simple problem.

Old 12-14-2005 | 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Bozzy I don't understand why the poster is fooling around buying batteries now for a quad that hasn't even been used yet!!!. From what I read he bought the 2 quads, took them home the 90 started and the 50 had trouble. Next day the 50 had troubles agian and the 90's battery is toast or something. Now the first thing I would do is load them on my truck and take them right back to the retailer!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't you???? Up here you have like 1 or 2 weeks to return them for you money back. What kind of policy does pepboys have with stuff that doesn't work properly when its brand new out of the crate???

Old 12-14-2005 | 09:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: Sawyer
Bozzy I don't understand why the poster is fooling around buying batteries now for a quad that hasn't even been used yet!!!. From what I read he bought the 2 quads, took them home the 90 started and the 50 had trouble. Next day the 50 had troubles agian and the 90's battery is toast or something. Now the first thing I would do is load them on my truck and take them right back to the retailer!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't you???? Up here you have like 1 or 2 weeks to return them for you money back. What kind of policy does pepboys have with stuff that doesn't work properly when its brand new out of the crate???
Sawyer.....I agree with ya 100 %....I have made a few large purchases from time to time from various stores and I never for a second don't hesitate after discovering an item is faulty to march right back to store I got it from and demand a exchange or refund ....never really had any problems with major stores........my wife said I'm the king of returns....as a matter of fact I've never really use a manufacturers warranty.......Meijers dept store once gave me a hard time about a power winch I purchase.....I did not have my proof of purchase slip.....had the winch for a year....I insisted that I did not buy it from the winch company but I got it from them of which I did......they finely gave in.......it paids back to be stubborn sometimes........yeah I would have been back at Pepboys the next day waiting for the doors to open even if I was out of their warranty period of which I think is at least 7 days here........kinda weak warranty but still......yeah P.B. is where he needs to go with it IMHO !!!!

Old 12-14-2005 | 10:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Bruinrider,

Just want to say I am very close to you. I am a mechanic and know alot about these atv's. I have a few myself. I understand that you need them for Christmas. If you would like I can help you get them going. I can tell you that these batteries in them are junk. I have had good luck with mine but alot of others have not. You may be better off getting new batteries from walmart. I really dont think baja is going to help much and if they do or try to help it wont be before Christmas. I live in Lancaster but work in Cadds Ford. Coatsvill is pretty much in the middle. If you would like the help I would be glad to lend it. Let me know. PM me.

Old 12-14-2005 | 10:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Also there are some adjustments that I can do to make them start better in the cold.

Old 12-15-2005 | 11:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

All..I've tried the Pepboys route..they won't have anything to do with these atvs....even though they did the prepping, etc..but they don't typically work on atv's so who is to say they didn't prep it correctly..they are a CAR place remember..not a cycle shop who specializes in motorcycles and atvs. Yes, I could take them back, but Baja has to even authorize that - which I'm not at that point of frustration yet...I'm going to see if the new batteries will work, if they do not..then that's probably my next step..unless 2manytoys can certainly fix them, which I truly appreciate the offer from him..very very very nice to help out a stranger.

By the way..I'm am a woman..not a guy...I don't have a husband to deal with all of this for me. I'm doing the best I can...and having your help has been great on this forum so far - I appreciate all the feedback..keep it coming!

Old 12-15-2005 | 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Bruinrider,

I was just trying to help out.

The point I was getting at is these things are "new" and have not been used yet. So I just figured they would exchange them for a new one like a toaster or lawn mower or what ever. Seems your pepboy's do things differently then the on Bozzy deals with.

Old 12-16-2005 | 12:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Sawyer...I know you are trying to help..and I really appreciate it. I wish it were as easy as that - like returning a toaster. I think different Pep Boys do things differently. The one I bought these from don't want to have anything to do with these atv's once they leave their store. Guess it all depends upon the Manager..some are nicer than others and more willing to help. When I called to say they put a bad battery in the 90cc...they said it was the battery that Baja provided and they weren't responsible - and when I said well you were the ones to prep the battery and maybe they did it wrong they practically wanted to hang up on me. Must be because I'm a woman and they think they can pull the wool over our eyes..I don't know..seems they are more willing to work with men for some reason. Anyway...we're getting there...thanks to the kindness of 2manytoys who lives fairly close to me and is willing to look at them.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc