Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005 | 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

would you say its the best kids bike out there right now?

Old 09-07-2005 | 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

No - I would say for $1299, its a pretty good band for your buck. From what I have read, its Chinese built quad with stolen, er I mean, copied design. lol I have read it uses Yamaha Raptor 80 plastic and a Honda engine. So parts (I think and hope) should be available for a while. This is the first quad I owned, so not a lot of comparison coming from me. All I know it does more than what I expected. Once I get our house renovations paid off, I'll be getting a big *** Bombardier 4x4.

Old 09-07-2005 | 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Has anyone had any problems with fuel, again I go out to get it ready for the kids to ride and no gas getting to the carb, play around check for spark and so on and finally no fuel, take the air intake off spray some gas and she goes until the gas is gone, Does any one have any ideas that could help me, I am some what mechanically inclined but have never worked on a bike before.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2005 | 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

sounds exactly like mine ..it did the same thing as yours until i jammed the safety pin all the way and i also spread the slits a wee bit.. ??

Old 09-07-2005 | 11:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Old 09-08-2005 | 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: dragoon
Has anyone had any problems with fuel, again I go out to get it ready for the kids to ride and no gas getting to the carb, play around check for spark and so on and finally no fuel, take the air intake off spray some gas and she goes until the gas is gone, Does any one have any ideas that could help me, I am some what mechanically inclined but have never worked on a bike before.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Ok you say its not getting any fuel to the carb?? Have you pulled off the little rubber hose coming from the tank to see if fuel is flowing out of the hose??

Old 09-08-2005 | 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: LivingintheOCsucks
would you say its the best kids bike out there right now?

I wouldn't say its the "best" quad out there. But I'd say it's hands down the best bang for you buck by far!! In Canada here any of the big name company kid quads are like $3K and higher for a 90cc. Even at that price some don't have electric start and many are not even made in Japan! Used they still want 2K or more, heck little 50cc quads with no suspension they want 2K! Baja on sale $1299 at a store that will still be there in 5 years.

I own another Chinese built quad that I seem to be having to tighen bolts and what not lately. I put loctite on when I tighten them back up! I noticed the Baja's frame , engine etc. mounting bolts and nuts are all of better quality. They use lots of locking nuts too which is good. There is lots of these Raptor looking quads on the market from china, some even have the same motor. However beware check to see what factory the frame was built in. I talked with a guy who is a dealer for some China brands of quads. They sell a few models and they all don't come from the same factory. He was telling me he has learned what to do in the PDI to prevent come backs. Says some factories use poor quality bare min. hardware and some are real good.

Time will tell how well these motors & trans stand up.

I wonder how long they've been on the market down in the States?? Like many have said if Canadian Tire will stock and supply parts for these things they'll grab a huge market share.

Old 09-08-2005 | 07:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Yes I pulled the fuel line offf and yes lts of gas, undid the drain screw on bottom of carb and got nothing

Old 09-08-2005 | 08:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Baja has been in the market here in the states at my Pepboys stores for almost 2 yrs.,.....I've had my Baja dirt bike for 16 months now......and again for only $ 400 dollars....it been a steal.....other than a minor throttle cable that broke.....its been perfect....and never missed a start.......watch your fuel lines........mine was pinch on the dirt bike and not getting any fuel.....fix that real quick...these bikes are simple and most minor problems can be fix with some common sense....keep your tank full.....the fuel flows better....if your tank gets low.......it may be hard to start.....for the money these bikes do not have any competition....and I will more than likely own another one in due time.....the 150cc or 300cc

Old 09-08-2005 | 08:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: dragoon
Yes I pulled the fuel line offf and yes lts of gas, undid the drain screw on bottom of carb and got nothing
If you have fuel from the tank to the fuel valve...but no gas in the carb.......then you fuel valve is clogged......also this may sound silly but check the clock position on the fuel valve and make sure its on.......I have miss silly things like this.....your problem sounds fairly simple to correct......your carb has no fuel......then your gas line or valve is pinch or clogg. Refer to pages 54 and 55 in your owner's book....if you don't have your book.....you go to Baja's web site and down load there.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc