Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Took the Kymco out again today

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took the Kymco out again today

Had my son out on the trails on his Mongoose 90.
I must say that it works way better than he can ride. One particular hill was long, off camber and rutted, with a water bar at the top. He got hung up on the water bar and ended up going backwards down the hill. Lucky for him the rut stopped the quad when it caused the quad to fall over on his leg.
Anyhow, He didn't want to ride up any more big hills. Now the fun begins. I ride up the hills on my Prairie 360, which is really good at hill climbing, then walk/run/slide back down to help him. Well, that got old rather quickly, so I decide to just ride it up.
I'm not a large person at 5'11" and 175lb, but darned if that little 90 didn't just reach down like it had a pair and haul my butt up every large hill we came to. I was leary at first, but after that first hill, I was impressed. And when it's time to go down, the rear hydraulic disc and front drums keep it well under control. It is running the factory speed limiter settings of about half throttle and the cdi limiter has not been disabled. I'm going to keep the limiters in place until it reaches the recommended break-in period.
Only the second time out on the Mongoose and as I said in the original post, we like it.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took the Kymco out again today

Thats great, it is nice to read some positive feed back !! Glad y'all had a good time.