Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Jincheng Jaguar 50

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jincheng Jaguar 50

Hey Everyone,

I recently picked up a Jincheng Jaguar 50 for my five year old son for xmas. I wasn't originally going for an offbrand quad, but the condition is perfect, it had everything I desired in a quad for my son, and the price was better than perfect. Anyways, I've noticed two things about this. The first being that the tail/brake light (not sure if it's a brake light too) doesn't work. The reason for this is the plugs don't match one another, I figure that I should be able to re-wire the plugs and all should be good. If I'm wrong on this could you let me know? The other thing is that they don't have a headlight. I have pondered the idea of running a light off the magneto. Would this work and has anyone done this? He won't be riding at night (maybe dusk in the backyard) but it's more of a safety/visual thing.

I've searched the forums here and have seen very little reference to these machines. I've also checked google and haven't located any solid information, positive or negative comments, and any idea of where to get parts if necessary.

Thanks,

pdxguy

Old 10-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

For your tail-light you could probably just hard-wire it and ditch the plugs. I'm sure someone else will chime in and help you out on the other questions.

Good luck and I hope your son enjoys his new machine. Are you hiding it until christmas?

Old 10-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. I figured hard-wiring probably wouldn't be a problem. As for hiding, you betcha! I've got it stashed down at a relatives place. I just hope I can hold out that long! So far so good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]