Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Roketa Terminator 70cc quad....paddles or wheel options??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roketa Terminator 70cc quad....paddles or wheel options??

I just purchased my son a Roketa 70cc quad. It handles great and has alot of power, but it came with some very very small rims and some small but agressive tires. I was looking to replace atleast the rear wheel setup and go with something wider (both front and rear have alot of room with suspension fully depressed). However after removing the wheel I noticed a few things...1) the hub obtains it's fit on the axle by many grooves on the inner wall of the hub (not sure what that is called), and 2) the hub itself is a three lug setup about 2inches apart from lug center to lug center. I am not sure what to do because I know I need to get a 4 lug setup to buy common rims and tires, but I am unsure if there are any options for me or if I need to enlist some metal working pals to machine some custom stuff for me..... any ideas??

Thanks,
Prodigy

Old 10-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Range Rover

I have heard of some people taking their wheels to a place that does golf cart wheels/tires.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

try suzuki lt 80 wheels ...they are three lug....and fit kazuma and red cat ...go down to the dealer and mesure some

Old 10-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

HA! Roketa 70, another name for the Sunl 70. Man these quads are showing up all over the place.

FYI, there are many threads on this forum about this quad but you may not find them unless you know all the names. A recent thread called it a Kazuma 90 (which it is not), I call it Sunl 50 or 70. I now have a Sunl 90, same quad, bigger engine. There are Redcat versions as well.

Have no advice about the wheels/tires but agree they are abit small.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Range Rover

It could also be made by Fuxin, but yes they are all the same. Bring a rim to a Honda dealer, I am guessing its a 4 bolt if its a sunl fuxin etc etc & I think the TRX90 is the same bolt pattern as them. worth a try anyways.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Prodigy
2) the hub itself is a three lug setup about 2inches apart from lug center to lug center.
Thanks,
Prodigy
he said it was a three lug

Old 10-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Range Rover

Huh...I didnt see that, well its not a SunL or a Fuxin then, they are 4 luggers, could be something else I guess, then you are right it will most likely be Suzuki LT bolt pattern.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Range Rover

I have 2 Sunl's, 70 & 90, and they are both 3 bolt.

Sunl is a distributor here in Houston, not a manf. I'm sure they aren't the only distributor for this manf whoever it is. I doubt seriously though that any 2 Chinese Manf make an identical quad, so I think we can assume there is only one manf that makes this quad. I've never heard of Fuxin, in fact I thought you were cussin at first. There is no Manf name on either of my quads that I can find.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Range Rover

lol....yep sounds like that too. They are the true mfg of these machines. I know... I sell them & import them myself. Actually there is alot of mfg's that make identical machines in China, I have been over there & it is crazy that 2 diff places make the exact same machines, but they do, they buy all the parts from the same parts distributer/mfg factories & then they put them together & it becomes a diff mfg, but all the same parts....same machine diff mfg label on it...or no label at all, the importer is the mfg at that point once it gets over here then.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Range Rover

You sound like an expert on these quads and yet you were sure they had 4 lugs.....curious.

Quick Reply: Roketa Terminator 70cc quad....paddles or wheel options??