Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

New Kazuma 110 on order

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Kazuma 110 on order

I have a Kazuma 100 ordered, a birthday present for my son. I want to be sure I do everything I can to insure things go smoothly with this machine. Any things I need to be aware of in my setup? I've seen mention of replacing fasterners, or loctiting them in various posts, but that is pretty general. Just locktite those things I put together? Remove every bolt I have access to on the whole machine and loctite them? Any other things I need to be sure I do properly before we fire this baby up and hit the trail?

Thanks for the advice,
DHRacer

Old 10-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Range Rover

Blue lock-tite not red. If you use red lock-tite you wont be able to get them apart if you need to for some reason. I changed the oil on our quads as soon as we got them. We have a Redcat 100 and a 150. Double check your electrical connections and pad the battery box somewhat. The battery bounces around under the seat.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds good on the loctite, that was one of my questions I forgot to ask. I think I've only ever used loctite to mount a scope on a rifle.

What am I looking for on the electical connections? Just to be sure they are made? Is there something in particular I should be lookign for? Broken wires, or loose soldering connections or something?
(I've never bought an ATV like this, so not sure what to expect when it arrives.)
Thanks,
DH

Old 10-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

I would just make sure they are secure connections and probably wrap some electrical tape around them. Wheel spacers woud be a good investment, seriously. The quad is too tall for its wheelbase and could tip. Raceway ATV who is one of the sponsors of this site sells them. A new spark plug couldn't hurt. Ours are ok but I would trust an NKG or something else a little more.

Old 10-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'll check the spacers out. Just on front, correct? Is the much better than turning the wheels around backwards, which it looks like some have done?

I'm also having some confusion about size now, I have ordered the Kazuma RFX 100 MkII. All the specs I find say a 27 inch seat height, which is what I planned on, but Raceway, (who is sold out of these), says 31 or 32 seat height. Which is it?

Does anyone own one of these, the RFX MkII 110? (Or Falcon 100 MkII)? What exactly IS the seat height and distance from seat to pegs? I hope I haven't got something too big.

Thanks,
DH

Old 10-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Range Rover

I'd recommend spacers on front and back to tell you the truth. On my brothers MKII 110 the seat height from ground to seat is 31 but from pegs to seat is 21. As a matter of fact, it is almost the same on my MKII 150.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh that sucks. I had ordered based on measurements of 27 seat hight, 16 inches seat to pegs.

I really appreciate you sending that to me. I think I'm going to try to stop my current order and get the SFX 110, it has the measurements I am looking for, correct?

I'm only worried about because the SFX was at the high end of what would fit my son. Sounds like the RFX is much bigger. The measurements you are giving me are the same as my Yamaha 350 Wolverine.

Thanks,
DH

Old 10-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Range Rover

How tall is your son? I really forgot to mention that the rear spring comresses under weight. Since that is the case, the height will lower once your boy sits on it.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

No, just that reach from seat to pegs is too long. I was pushing it a little with 16 or 17 inches. He could ride it, he rides my Wolverine around our 5 acres, he just can't really reach the pegs. And that's not right for him, I want him to be able to really ride the thing like it's supposed to be ridden.

This is a great forum, lot's of very good information out here. I appreciate the help, and I'll be back as soon as I get this order sorted out.
DH

Old 10-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

I think you are missing what I am saying. When he sits on it, the height is lower. If it is 21 to the pegs without a person (which it is), when he sits on it, it will be substantially lower. If you tell me how much he weighs, I can apply the same amount of weight to the seat and measure the height for you. The suspension on the sfx is really bad. My brother tried one out when we bought ours. It's up to you though.

Quick Reply: New Kazuma 110 on order