Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Air filter options for e-ton....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 10:48 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air filter options for e-ton....

I disagree. Almost like K&N was tailor made for sand. Have years with K&N in the sand and have tore into two spotless engines after substantial use.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uni and k & n both make filters that will fit the stock carb. they also make filters that have a 15 degree bend to get it farther away fron the tire. bad thing is that jetting is a nightmare. you will have to go up to about a 130 main, then at full throttle the fuel bowl will empty, fix for that is drill out the float needle seat. then when the temp changes a few degrees your jetting is wrong. best bet is dont do it. the stock carb needs a strong air signal to work properly. when you put on the free flowing filter you loose this causing major head aches to keep the quad running right, i have a stock filter set up if your interested or go to a 20mm aftermarket carb set up. your choice but aftermarket filter + stock carb = major headaches.

Mark

Old 10-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the advice so far guys. If I switch to an aftermarket carb, what's a good source to pick one up? The quad runs fine now, and I don't want to mess up the driveability if it can be helped. So what size/type of carb is recommended? Also, does anyone run the outerwear cover over the filters? This is something we using on the racing gokarts with the K/N style filter with the foam cover.
Jeff

Old 10-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

k&n has an air filter that mounts directly to the carb

Old 10-20-2005, 11:29 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: HQR109
uni and k & n both make filters that will fit the stock carb. they also make filters that have a 15 degree bend to get it farther away fron the tire. bad thing is that jetting is a nightmare. you will have to go up to about a 130 main, then at full throttle the fuel bowl will empty, fix for that is drill out the float needle seat. then when the temp changes a few degrees your jetting is wrong. best bet is dont do it. the stock carb needs a strong air signal to work properly. when you put on the free flowing filter you loose this causing major head aches to keep the quad running right, i have a stock filter set up if your interested or go to a 20mm aftermarket carb set up. your choice but aftermarket filter + stock carb = major headaches.

Mark

You think a stock pipe would make a difference?

Old 10-20-2005, 11:44 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

aftermarket filter + stock carb = major headaches.

Mark
Are you talking in general or just for this particular quad? I have a aftermarket air filter on most of my toys and have had zero problems because of it.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:55 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
aftermarket filter + stock carb = major headaches.

Mark
Are you talking in general or just for this particular quad? I have a aftermarket air filter on most of my toys and have had zero problems because of it.
The intake is really restricted on the eton and they put a little bitty carb on them. With a few mods, switching carbs is a must.

Old 10-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

just the mini quad 2 strokes. we also run unis on most our big quads with no problem but the asian minis are a different story. get a 20mm. you can get a kit that includes carb, k & n with outerwear, throttle cable and new mainfold from wrh racing.
samson it is the same problem with a stock pipe just a little worse with a race pipe, come on down to mississippi, i need help moveing, gotta be out by tuesday. bunking at my moms house till we find what we want to buy. not to much to pick from since the hurricane went through.

Mark

Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Hey buddy, you reimburse my travel and I'm there!

....or provide all the beer I can drink! lol! Cost about the same either way! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

HQR tells it like it is. Stock carb is a pain in the a** the 20mm from WRH,Hetrick or a 24,28mm on a highly modded bike will run and start so much better. The main jet has to have suction like a straw to suck fuel out of the float bowl. We used a K/n and a 150 mainjet and it was fast for 50 feet then ran out of gas. Stock airboxes belong on the stock carbs on the 90cc minis or you'll have major jetting headaches. We now run a 180 mainjet and a 30mm OKO carb on our 90cc dragbike but used a 20mm Keihin and 108 Main jet from WRH for 2 years and it was an awesome carb.