Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Screamin' Viper 90-I just wanna share........

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin' Viper 90-I just wanna share........

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We are so happy! I had been trying different combos to build the power I needed for my boys out in the sand. The first path was a Koso pipe, lighter variator weights(4.5g), red springs on the clutch and a yellow torsion spring. I also drilled out the clutch thing to lighten the throws for a max rpm launch. And also a uni air and new main jets. It revved a lot better, but it still was not making the power we needed. It just had a VERY weak bottom end. We bought a 54mm cylinder kit from Chris at miniquad racing. It had the cylinder, piston, rings, gaskets, and a new high comp head as well(and it was set up for our stock stroke!). That was better still, but it was still a bit weak out of the hole, and going up blow sand hill in Occotillo Wells it would start to bog down and could not make it up. It also did not have the juice to turn a set of paddles in Glamis. Enter the Hetrick pipe.........
Oh MAMA! That's what I like!!!!!! This was the boost we were looking for. The Hetrick had the low end power we were missing and she still revs like a mad man!!!!!!! A HUGE wide power band.

So now, at 96cc, we have a Hetrick pipe, all the prior trans mods, the uni air and the jetting. My son will be 12 this week and rode up blow sand on the stock knobbies last weekend. He went up twice just to make sure it was not a fluke. LOL.
My little guy is 8 (his Viper is stock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] to protect him) and he borrowed big brothers Hetrick/Miniquad Racing Viper to give Competition Hill in Glamis a go. The only change was a set of ITP Sand Stars (18"). If he goes right up the middle, he can make it about 3/4 of the way up the hill. If he goes up the left side where it's not as steep, he rides all the way to the top of Comp Hill in Glamis. As a duner for a kid, this thing rocks. We are always stopping to dig out the stocker, but the modded Viper tackles ALL of it. It's capable of all but the larger dunes, and I wouldn't take my little guys out there anyway. I can't wait until I'm ready to add a ported 53mm kit on there with a bigger carb. I figure I could go up a tooth on the front sprocket at that time too. Oh my, it will fly!!! That'll have to wait until we get some suspension work.

Hope this helps someone!