Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Best Childrens ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Childrens ATV?

Hello to you all!

Right i am a quad rider myself but i have someone who is after a quad for his 5 year old son. I suggested a Suzuki LT50 as i had one of them many years ago and its branded etc BUT i am not up on the kids atv scene. SO what would you lot suggest? Something like a Kazuma Meerkat 50 or something??

Many Thanks
Matt

Old 11-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Range Rover

Hi. First of all what mini's are close to you so you can get some service and parts. What type of riding .

Old 11-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got my 7 year old a LT50 last year and It is a great ATV! But it is slow and he was ready to upgrade in two months! I'm getting him a new one this year! I've also look at the Kazumas but don't know how good or bad they are! Let me know if you find anything out! I've heard they are faster! I can run beside the LT50

Old 12-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As a suggestion, look past the name on the gas tank (and price tag). Always look a "features" first. For previous info on features, surf:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/473792.cfm

Hope this helps....

Old 12-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

I bought my 7 year old a 06 TRX90....but then again there would be no way I would have bought him one at age 5. He was still driving a battery powerd atv at that age.
Just look around this forum and just see what all the others reccomend.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

ddman, What color trx did you get. Were going to get a black 1 and start building it for my son he is 7 also. It's time to get him a shifter quad for the 90 class. He has to run the 70 class still in the Nationals because of his age. The trx will be built this spring for the 07 National season when he can race as an eight yr old. I can't wait to go hog wild on this black beast and totally trick it out. I don't know who's excited more me or him!

P Raptor- We have an 04 Arctic Cat and it has been put thru HECK and back and still asks for more. This quad has about 40 XC races,7 National XC races, 5 mx races 4 nights of 300' dirt drags. In which he has Never been beat. Including many 90cc quads. And well over 300 or more hrs of Hard XC riding. Now here is the thing. The cases have NEVER been split. We are still running the origanal main bearings and crank bearings and seals. The transmission gears are still in perfect condition. Plus the belt and clutch shoes are still the stock 04 parts!. And this quad has been built to the hilt and gets run pinned wide open every minuite it is run.

So I believe in Arctic Cat myself. The engine is made by adley. But I also like the Kasea mini quad. There are ALOT of them in the nationals and they run great and stay together. If we were going to stay in the 2 strokes in the 90 class it would be the Kasea. But I feel that the 4 stroke trx 90 can be built to run with the 2 smokes with a good rider and still win races. Plus the 4 stroke thumper will last longer in the harsh conditions it will see in the GNCC XC races.

This is just my thoughts you asked us about some of the quads we run. We have tested the AC in 70 form and it will last. And my buddy and I have plenty of time into the Honda trx 90. Which I feel is the Best miniquad there is. I know of an 03 trx that has had the guts run out it and it will still scream. Just keep the oil clean and run it.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Pred 90. nuff said.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

There isn't one... It depends on rider skill and experience. Size and weight of rider... terrain he will be riding, will it be marked trails, race track, sand what? What is the intent? Do you want something to use as a learning machine and get some seat time, or are you crafting the next Travis Spader?

Most 50 cc class machines, (Which I recommend for a pure novice) are going to be slugs for the most part. ANd depending on the terrain, may prove unable to perform at an acceptable level.

Answer those questions, and you might find your answer. Keep in mind what teh local laws say about how big of a machine they can ride for his age, and if they allow a 5 year old or not.. Some states would frown on a 5 year old riding... If he gets hurt, you might just find yourself in front of a judge...

Old 12-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

Bluetick....My son's TRX 90 is red. I let him pick it out as the dealer had both colors sitting there on the show room floor.
I bought the Honda because of the history of the 90 engine.
He drives it around in 2nd gear mostly and I have the throttle screw turned in to limit his speed.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

ddrumman2004 or anyone,

I have a brand new set of moose handguards for the trx90 that I was going to try and use on my sons Yamoto but they will not work. They are black in color. Would you or any one be interested in these? Like I said they are brand new and never installed. Let me know.

Quick Reply: Best Childrens ATV?