Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

atv for my son

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv for my son

I've been looking into a few atv's and found something of interest on eBay. I know, YUCK, but take a look an say what you think. I'm all new to the scene and would like something that wouldn't have any part concerns. I've only heard of a few things pertaining to the engine but it has one of those Linhai Yamaha engines on it.

This will be a chritmas gift but wont be needed till we return from our trip out of the country.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

or #: 4598102687

Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 12-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Quad Patrol
Default atv for my son

Welcome to the Forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Out of curiosity[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How much off do you get for advertising those pages in the forum?

Old 12-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv for my son

welcome to the forums

Old 12-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default atv for my son

Thanks for the smart *** remark.... and thanks watzupdog! If you take a look i live in mississippi and these guys are in TEXAS!

Anyways I'm looking to spend somewhere around 1K for the little guy and I know he'd be in the mud and may start some trips into the hunting lease with his grandfarther. I've seen a few but with the yamaha engine this particular atv caught my attention. But of course this was just a general question concerning something i didn't know about and i'm obviously open to other 90cc atv's.

This is a christmas gift but we'll be out of the country for the holidays and its fine that it wont be here on christmas day. So i still have some time to shop and decide whats in our best interests.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Greg

Old 12-19-2005, 12:17 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default atv for my son

Can't view your link (filter) but mine has a Linhai engine. If it's the 90cc 2-stroke cvt, engine parts won't be an issue.

Only issue that I've run into (and at least one other guy) is the 16mm carb the 100's came with seem to gum up real easy and can make the machine hard to start. Think it had to do with the electric choke. I switched to a 20mm Kehein and haven't had any problems since.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Quad Patrol
Default atv for my son

Originally posted by: slwt13
Thanks for the smart *** remark.... !
It wasn't meant as a smart azz remark, I was curious and still am. You are a new member to the forum ( flag #1) and post a site from e-bay advertising 2 atv's (flag #2), you premise it by saying you will be out of the country (flag #3). Now when you go to the site you posted, it is already sold(flag #4).

You post that you have heard a few things about the engine, what have you heard? Good, bad, indifferent? Pass that information on so others can "hear about it" too, especially seeing this is a new atv to the seen. As you might have heard, Yamaha is sueing companies that are using it's name, technology, etc. to make a profit.

Old 12-19-2005, 01:19 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default atv for my son

Originally posted by: rescuediverAs you might have heard, Yamaha is sueing companies that are using it's name, technology, etc. to make a profit.
That's true. I've heard that about Yamato, anyway. But Linhai-Yamaha is the actual name of a "joint venture" between Jiangsu Linhai Power Machinery Group Corporation and Yamaha Motor Corporation. It is jointly owned and seems to me Yamaha is likely making money off of these sales. To me its no different than buying an off-brand generator at Sams club with the Honda engine in it. jmo.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Quad Patrol
Default atv for my son

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: rescuediverAs you might have heard, Yamaha is sueing companies that are using it's name, technology, etc. to make a profit.
That's true. I've heard that about Yamato, anyway. But Linhai-Yamaha is the actual name of a "joint venture" between Jiangsu Linhai Power Machinery Group Corporation and Yamaha Motor Corporation. It is jointly owned and seems to me Yamaha is likely making money off of these sales. To me its no different than buying an off-brand generator at Sams club with the Honda engine in it. jmo.
RL, thanks for pointing that out to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2005, 05:14 PM
sab
Trailblazer
Default atv for my son

SLT, If your looking to buy off of e-bay try looking at the BTM quads. I have been researching for sometime and found this company to be very helpful. I have three adult Honda's and before dropping another 2K for my 5 year Old I wanted to make sure he enjoys the 4-wheeler. So I looked at a less expensive rout and found the BTM site. Ordered a 50cc on Friday and put it together last night.

So far so good. I have talked with one of the companies reps several times and they seem to be very helpful.

Just an FYI.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default atv for my son

thanks for the info guys. In hoped that parts werent a problem for that engine. I see that its not shaft driven and its also a two stroke, not exactly what you see common on the market today. No one really came out and bashed it so i'm still interested. Where would be a good place to start looking for the parts the "should" be upgraded?

Thanks for the help again.