Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

High RPM Racer [ HighRpmracer ] ....DO NOT BUY FROM!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default High RPM Racer....DO NOT BUY FROM!

Not saying you did anything wrong but most people that have bought a chinese atv has good luck with them. It all comes down to dealer and owner preperation. Highrpmracer has had a bad name for a long time and they also have been running under other names. Yes the name brands are better but alot of people either cant afford or dont want to spend alot on a first atv. These are great starter atv's if the proper research is done.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was made aware of a ball joint problem with these 110's shortly after I purchased mine. I was notified by Kazuma while inquiring about a totally different question.
Was it a ball joint problem that caused the tire to come loose?

Old 12-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer

You are correct. I had to contact the factory in China. They directed me to a "safety notice" and complete with a diagram that they issued OVER 1 YEAR AGO! This is exactly where my sons wheel came off. The factory told me that there is supposed to be two PINS installed in the ball joint assembly that prevent this from happening.

HighRpmRacer has yet to respond to me. E-mails have gone unanswered! I have left two messages for Jack and he has yet to call me back or leave a message. I let the woman I spoke with know about the safety notice and she immideately responded with "yes, that should have been updated before it was sold". "I'll let Jack know".

It is interesting that when I contacted the factory, they assumed that Raceway sold me the bike and couldn't understand why they sold it to me that way. Is Raceway the USA distributor to these other companies that are selling Kazumas in the USA?

Here is my question to all of you. HighRpmRacer is in the state of IL. They won't respond to me. There was a safety notice issued instructing that a safety issue be corrected. HighRpmRacer is evidently aware of this and they are selling units without correcting the problem. Someones child is going to end up getting injured. Who can I notify to take action against this company? Aside from the fact that I need this issue resolved for my new Kazuma, I need to take action to prevent someone elses child from getting severly injured or possibly killed.

Who can I notify to investigate HighRpmRacer in IL and force them to make the safety repairs?

Teej6

Old 12-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: teej6

Who can I notify to investigate HighRpmRacer in IL and force them to make the safety repairs?

Teej6
Teej

I respect where you are coming from completely. I want to just respond with some info for you.
I used to sell Kazuma's. Let me explain a little about how this Chinese industry works for you.
Essentially there is no factory in the same sense of the word as say Honda.
The chinese factory doesnt notify anyone and I guarantee that.

The US Distributor for Kazuma? That could be you my friend. That "IS" the problem with most
of the new Chinese imports. Yes, they have a US Distributor in Texas named Kazuma. However,
anyone can purchase quantities of the products they make and then sell them themselves.
The factory doesnt care who you are and in no way do they ever notify any of these people of
any problems.

Furthermore one of their other businesses is counterfeiting auto parts. How would you like
some Kazuma Chinese brake pads my friend?

Good luck with your issue!!

Old 12-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

And that makes it OK????

Anyway If I were you I would contact the Better Business Bureau of IL. Tell them of your problems with this co. I would also ask them who they think you should contact about the fact that a company has admitted that it has a serious safety issue with its product and they have told you it needs to be fixed. Tell me if this was Honda, GM, Ford Chrysler, Yamaha etc...... that they would not recall your vehicle and fix the problem! I dont care how cheap the kazuma 4 wheelers are, they are selling in America and certain standards must be met by law in this country and selling defective products will never fly in this country! It is illegal!

Old 12-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: cl440
And that makes it OK????

Anyway If I were you I would contact the Better Business Bureau of IL. Tell them of your problems with this co. I would also ask them who they think you should contact about the fact that a company has admitted that it has a serious safety issue with its product and they have told you it needs to be fixed. Tell me if this was Honda, GM, Ford Chrysler, Yamaha etc...... that they would not recall your vehicle and fix the problem! I dont care how cheap the kazuma 4 wheelers are, they are selling in America and certain standards must be met by law in this country and selling defective products will never fly in this country! It is illegal!
So far our government has not shown any desire to stop the madness.
I agree that it is illegal but they are not stopping it.
The big four have recalls all the time as do Polaris, Arctic Cat, etc..
Kazuma, Yamoto and all the rest could not possibly recall the vehicles
as they operate without dealer networks mostly.

badvox

Old 12-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

Well today I called the BBB, the Consumer Product Safety Commision, the Federal Trade Commision, and the Comsumer Protection Agency. Guess what??

This evening I got a call from HighRpmRacer. I was asked what I wanted to do to have this repaired? I won't bore you with the conversation, but I am going to remove both A-arm/ball joint wheel assemblies and send them back to HighRpmRacer to be repaired, then they will send them back to me.

I was again told that this unit should not have been shipped to me in this condition. I learned that they have had to repair others with the same problem and that Kazuma makes the new ones different.

I was told that they will not take to long to repair and get back to me. We will see. I will update when I get my repaired parts back.

Thank you, Teej

Old 12-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

Well today I called the BBB, the Consumer Product Safety Commision, the Federal Trade Commision, and the Comsumer Protection Agency. Guess what??

This evening I got a call from HighRpmRacer. I was asked what I wanted to do to have this repaired? I won't bore you with the conversation, but I am going to remove both A-arm/ball joint wheel assemblies and send them back to HighRpmRacer to be repaired, then they will send them back to me.

I was again told that this unit should not have been shipped to me in this condition. I learned that they have had to repair others with the same problem and that Kazuma makes the new ones different.

I was told that they will not take to long to repair and get back to me. We will see. I will update when I get my repaired parts back.

Thank you, Teej
Way to go brother!!! Nice work!

badvox

Old 12-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you, Teej
will you post those #s so other people that are having problems w/highrpmracer can call as well, i am sure that there are alot of us out there, and it seams that this is the way they conduct buisness w/everone.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default High RPM Racer [ HighRpmracer ] ....DO NOT BUY FROM!

Happydad, I just found today that you sent me a private message 3 weeks ago. I never received an e-mail telling me I had one and I just noticed it today. Glad you got it worked out.

Here is my update!

I was instructed to ship them my A-Arms back at my expense with delivery confimation. This was a heavy package. It cost me $25.95. Clare at HighRpmracer, instructed me to mail them the reciept and HRPM would reimburse me. [ you guys reading know where this is going yet.]

I received my repaired A-Arms back within 1 1/2 weeks, but NO shipping refund. I called HighRpmracer on January 27 to check on my shipping refund. Spoke to Clare again and she put me on hold, came back and told me the check was going out in the mail on Monday January 30. I never received the check that week. So yesterday 2/6, I called back and again spoke to Clare. She checks my customer order number and tells me that there is no memo concerning a shipping refund. She says it showed where my parts were received, repaired, and shipped back to me.

Now less than 2 weeks prior, Clare checks and tells me the check is being sent to me, now she tells me there is no record!!!!

Well I reminded her that I had to open a Better Business complaint to get any response from HighRpmracer to repair my under warranty ATV and that I would not close the complaint until I received my refund and that I would in fact open another Better Business complaint over this shipping issue.

Even though I got my parts repaired, they were damaged due to a Kazuma factory problem that HighRpmracer knew about, plus my ATV was under warranty. This should not have cost me anything. I will get my money back!!!

Here is some advice in trying to contact HighRpmracer, never leave answer machine messages for any other their departments. They WILL NOT RESPOND! Call their phone number, when you get their voice messages, immideately press 0 and wait for an operator to answer. [this is usually Clare] Never leave an answer machine message for the 0- operator either. Keep calling back until you get a person to answer the 0 option.

HighRpmracer will NOT respond to e-mails and they will not return answer machine messages.

Here are some phone numbers you can call to get results if you have problems with HighRpmracer;

Better Business Bureau of [ILL], 1-314-645-3300
Consumer Product Safety Commision 1-301-504-7923
Consumer Protection Agency [ILL] 1-618-529-6400
Federal Trade Commision 1-877-382-4357

Teej6

Quick Reply: High RPM Racer [ HighRpmracer ] ....DO NOT BUY FROM!