Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

WDB,
Ow man, thanks for the advice. I would have been so pi$$ed off after I bought it if I could never get the front wheels off the ground. I enjoy trail riding, but your assumption that I want a quad for sport riding is correct. I checked out that moto 250 twin cyl shaft drive link u posted. That looks bad A$$ dude. I’d remove the frilly decals and leave it straight black though. U know, the moto 200 priced at $1700 is making me consider giving it a try even if it’s a little small for me. It’d b a good starter ATV though. I saw a few Redcat 200 atvs online that look similar, but the photos of all of them from the rear look narrower than the Jetmoto 200 (from outside of wheel to outside of wheel). The axle may be shorter or the wheels possibly have different offset than moto or the photos exaggerate the difference. I definitely want something that sits wide. I don’t want this thing tipping on me when I cornering hard. I found a dealer up by your neck of the woods in Deland selling used Jap quads and brand new Redcats. He’s got them priced at $2K fully assembled. That ain’t bad, but I haven’t sat on one yet. By the way man, whenever I finally break down and purchase one of these things we’ll definitely go riding dude. I’ve never ridden quads up where u r at. Police crack down on the really good areas down here. There’s only a handful of places that r actually ATV permitted. It sux because there’s a lot of woods in Palm Bay, FL.
How’s your new Moto toy doing any way WDB?
Later,
NMB

Old 05-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

NMB,

Check the photos on the Jetmoto site. If you look at the side view, you'll see that it has spacers on it. My son's 125 did not come with spacers on it, so you may want to give it a second look and find out for sure before you buy one. BTW, I'm not knocking their atv's, ours is great, just something that I noticed.

ImesinGA

Old 05-18-2006, 08:11 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

NMB, I wouldnt recomend the current 250 sport model from Jetmoto. I havnt ridden one but have sat on one and looked it over pretty good. It looks very heavy and slow. I also cant imagine the suspension is that good either. Jetmoto is planning on coming out with a 200cc and 300cc adult sized quads either this winter or early spring. They will be adult sized and will be decently suspended too.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

MWQ, be sure to send the Jetmoto over here to MN by September, then I can be sure to give you a full test report in cold weather. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: NeedMoreBeer
WDB,
Ow man, thanks for the advice. I would have been so pi$$ed off after I bought it if I could never get the front wheels off the ground. I enjoy trail riding, but your assumption that I want a quad for sport riding is correct. I checked out that moto 250 twin cyl shaft drive link u posted. That looks bad A$$ dude. I’d remove the frilly decals and leave it straight black though. U know, the moto 200 priced at $1700 is making me consider giving it a try even if it’s a little small for me. It’d b a good starter ATV though. I saw a few Redcat 200 atvs online that look similar, but the photos of all of them from the rear look narrower than the Jetmoto 200 (from outside of wheel to outside of wheel). The axle may be shorter or the wheels possibly have different offset than moto or the photos exaggerate the difference. I definitely want something that sits wide. I don’t want this thing tipping on me when I cornering hard. I found a dealer up by your neck of the woods in Deland selling used Jap quads and brand new Redcats. He’s got them priced at $2K fully assembled. That ain’t bad, but I haven’t sat on one yet. By the way man, whenever I finally break down and purchase one of these things we’ll definitely go riding dude. I’ve never ridden quads up where u r at. Police crack down on the really good areas down here. There’s only a handful of places that r actually ATV permitted. It sux because there’s a lot of woods in Palm Bay, FL.
How’s your new Moto toy doing any way WDB?
Later,
NMB

NMB, I don't know anything about the jetmoto 250 that's pictured on their site, so i'm certainly going to refer to MWQ info. If Jetmoto is in fact coming out with new quads that will be full size, I would wait for the 300. I might even try to get one depending what can be worked out. From all i've seen so far with the 200 I have, I am very impressed for the price. It's a brand new bike for less then 1/2 the cost of a jap bike. Unless the engine blows up, or some major structural part breaks, I can't see how you could go wrong. Not a single problem with it other then my brother-in-law running out of gas and having to go fetch him! LOL! Oh, I wanted to mention that he's 6'0 and 235lbs and has no trouble riding it. That is close to the cut-off though for being comfortable. Watching where he sits and how he rides, and then my Dad, I can see that it's right at it's max as far as size it can handle. If the bike was 2-4" longer it would be perfect. As far as width, i'll be putting the spacers on as soon as they arrive. Still, i've been riding like a maniac and have not even come close to flipping. Of course, you have to know how to ride, and really lean into a hard turn and give it plenty of gas. It just breaks the rear loose and slides around instead of trying to come over. I think most people are sitting up straight and just grabbing a handful of throttle and turning as sharp as they can. If that's the case, almost any bike is going to go over regardless of spacers or not.

-WDB-

Old 05-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

Thanx for all the advice guys. I think I'll probably wait to see what Raceway puts out next for Jetmoto. I was so ready to buy an atv and my personal life just got expensive, so my quad purchase is delayed. Not to change our subject, but I'm going thru a divorce and my atv money just went into my lawyers account. Fear not, for I will get my atv eventually. Everyones advice has been quite helpful on this site. I've surfed other sites and I get the most informitive quad material off atvconnection.com by far. I think a new atv would make a great seperating present don't u think dude? I guess it's time to indulge in all the things a wife keeps u from aye?
Later,
NMB
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys Thanks for all the info! I purchased a Jetmoto 200 from Raceway ATV for my son based on the input/comments here. He is 13 years old and prior to getting the Jetmoto has been riding my 91 Suzuki 4WD Quadrunner 250.

He has had the Jetmoto 2 months and he is destroying it! He rides trails (lots of mud) with his buddies. They all have name brand ATV’s all 2WD and all utility type ATV’s. Honda Recon 250’s for 2 of his buddies, one new Polaris (not sure on the model but a big 4WD atv) and one has an old Honda 3 wheeler.

So far my son has broken the chain cover on the left side, sheared the front off, broken the lights, blown one tire out, burned up the brakes and last week managed to burn up both front wheel bearings. Actually had ball bearings falling out when I went to pull it out of the woods!!!

My question is: Is my son just riding it harder than it was intended? He killed mine twice before getting the Jetmoto for him. He tore up my brakes, bent the front and rear racks, tore the left rear fender off and put it under water deep enough to flood out the engine.

I try to tell him he needs to maintain it, which he claims he does. He and all his buddies are always working on the ATV’s, greasing, tightening chains, bolts, nuts, etc. The battery went bad as well and this did not slow him down. He just went ahead and pushed started it until we replaced it. Would appreciate your sage advice.

Also I have read in several places that the Chinese quads are copies of other popular atvs. What is the Jetmoto 200 a copy of?

Old 05-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: mfh432
Hey guys Thanks for all the info! I purchased a Jetmoto 200 from Raceway ATV for my son based on the input/comments here. He is 13 years old and prior to getting the Jetmoto has been riding my 91 Suzuki 4WD Quadrunner 250.

He has had the Jetmoto 2 months and he is destroying it! He rides trails (lots of mud) with his buddies. They all have name brand ATV’s all 2WD and all utility type ATV’s. Honda Recon 250’s for 2 of his buddies, one new Polaris (not sure on the model but a big 4WD atv) and one has an old Honda 3 wheeler.

So far my son has broken the chain cover on the left side, sheared the front off, broken the lights, blown one tire out, burned up the brakes and last week managed to burn up both front wheel bearings. Actually had ball bearings falling out when I went to pull it out of the woods!!!

My question is: Is my son just riding it harder than it was intended? He killed mine twice before getting the Jetmoto for him. He tore up my brakes, bent the front and rear racks, tore the left rear fender off and put it under water deep enough to flood out the engine.

I try to tell him he needs to maintain it, which he claims he does. He and all his buddies are always working on the ATV’s, greasing, tightening chains, bolts, nuts, etc. The battery went bad as well and this did not slow him down. He just went ahead and pushed started it until we replaced it. Would appreciate your sage advice.

Also I have read in several places that the Chinese quads are copies of other popular atvs. What is the Jetmoto 200 a copy of?

MFH432,

It sounds to me like your son is much like I was about 15 years ago. I could break a Sherman Tank! All of the things that have broken/worn out are to be expected. Especially with the punishment it's being put through. Bearing, chain guards, brakes, chain, sprockets, tires, fenders, are all wear items or are easily broken on any bike.

It's all a matter of having fun! I learned to be easier on my bike back then when my Dad told me it was time for me to pay for my own parts! Of course, as soon as I started making a little $, it was back to pounding the bike into the ground!

Now, if something like the brakes prematurely wore out, or the chain broke under normal riding, or a tire blew from just riding along, not running it into something, that kind of thing, i'm pretty certain Raceway will take care of it for you. But, it doesn't sounds like that's the case at all. :-0

I'm not sure what the frame/body of the bike is a copy of, but the drive train is a copy of a Honda xr200.

Hope this helps.

-WDB-

Old 05-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jetemoto 200 gets paddles,

Just took the jetmoto out to pismo dunes. Put on some sand shark tire size 20x11x8. It was that or 18x9.5x8. should of went with the smaller ones. Its good on all gears except fourth and was useless.

Took on some steep hills, while its has good bite I had to down shift to make it on some of the bigger hills. Did some decent jumps but broke the plastics on the heel guards,well so called heal guards. Its attached to the whole plastic body.

There were some issues when ridng for 3 days.The chain kept on coming loose,had to retighten 4 times. The oil dip stick cover came off, the cable clutch adjustment is maxed out. Rear disc brake cut into brake line,wire tie came loose. Muffler end cap came off, and popped out the gears several times.

I had fun at the dunes other than running out of gas, could only hold 1 gallon of gas. Had quad for 3 months now with about 60-70 hrs of use. I guess its just normal wear and tear, so far pleased but thinking of getting bigger quad.