Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Whats wrong with a 4 year old smoking crack cocaine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with a 4 year old smoking crack cocaine?

I think we need to go and look this one up in the book of life, it's on page 97... I don't think the author took the wrong approach here. I would say that if it read any differently people wouldn't read it. I fully agree with the POV of whoDat. I feel that what we need to work on is proper parenting with comman sence then we wouldn't have threads like this.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with a 4 year old smoking crack cocaine?

The interesting thing here is that the guy that started this thread is an ATV safety instuctor. I have had my fair share of not so nice words with him before.....Finally we agreed to disagree...after he called me a few not so nice things [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

One other point that nobody has ever answered me on is why, if it is so awful for a child to ride does the AMA sanction racing for 4 year olds?

They must know that the bikes are recomended for 6+ years of age and a racer doesn't learn on the track, but at home before he is 4????? Why not fight them? instead of casting stones from distance on a forum like this? WHY NOT PICK THIS FIGHT???????

Is it that much easier to throw all parents into one label as irresponsible for allowing their children to ride??? This seems like some serious BS to me?

As I mentioned to him in the past it is the delivery to this message that leaves a lot to be desired...not so much the content of his opinion, which everyone is entitled to.

He takes the topic to the extreme as you can see by the thread content.....

I agree that many kids are needlessy hurt on ATVs by irresponsible parents (not the atv) that use ATVs as substitutes for watching their kids.....BUT if done correctly then ATV riding can be safe, fun and help develop a child into a responsible adult, but the parent must be prepared to help educate and train their child.

My son started riding at 3 yrs of age....In our horse paddock with me and the tether chasing behind him....(I don't miss that!!)

We started with all restrictors on and teaching all of the basics, not just go.....use simply and easy exercises with the use of cones to build awareness and confidence and ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE GEAR......just one time can lead to the last time

The confidence that riding has installed into my son is priceless....We have created moments that we will cherish forever...nobody has the right to take that away from us....

Everyone should be made aware of the consequences of riding a motor vehicle at any age...especially with a child....know your child's limits and your own limits in judgement.

The thread starter has some solid points, but would really help the community with a better delivery.....If he truly wanted the message to be absorbed he would choose his words better.....Easier said than done, as myself have done the same in the past(many times)...It shows his passion and that he truly cares for the well being of children, so he can't be too bad of a guy.....