Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton Viper 90 vs Dinli Beast 90 vs Honda trx90

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eton Viper 90 vs Dinli Beast 90 vs Honda trx90

my sons eton 90
with throttle limiter off gps'd 35 with me on it at 175lbs. on the road ..
pretty good i thought [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] trey weighs 55 lbs but we mostly ride tight trails hills and mud lots o mud so even with the limiter off we never go more that 10-15 mph but when he needs the extra grunt for the mud or hills it has it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2006, 10:38 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been my experience top speed doesn't matter, it's how fast you get there that counts.

I can ride my kids mini up the ramp into my truck, tackle some decent sized dunes or wheelie it without pulling on the bars AND it takes a whole lot more $$$ to get any where close to that kind of performance out of a 4-stroke.

Even if you aren't interested in extra power today, what about when the kid has 3-5 years experience? What then? A 400 lb full size quad? Not many in-betweens to choose from.

Just something to think about.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I seen 2 stroke and CVT reliability.
IMO both are excellent and really isn't an issue.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: Raz06
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I just purchased a 2006 HondaTRX90 for my nine year old and it is perfect for him. It took about one hour for him to be comfortable riding in 2nd gear. We have a flat open field with some trees I planted that he drives around. My daughter rides it also and she just turned 7. She is comfortable in 2nd gear(about 7-10 mph). The only problem with the 90 cc class is the weight issue. These atvs average 250 pounds and cornering is definitely harder for my daughter because she is very petite in size. If you are not trail riding and dodging around obstacles the 90cc is perfect.
I pondered for a month on deciding between the Eton 90 or the TRX90. The honda is the more stable of the two. It is very comfortable at peak 3rd gear(about 20mph). As far as braking goes, with the Honda gearing it decellarates?? very fast. At low to mid range speeds you don't need hardly any if not at all, the brakes. the atv does it itself. They should be taught to use the foot brake and not the hand brake(for the rear).
I personally went with the Honda beause of the 4 stroke and reliability and I am not dissapointed at all. The atv has enough starting power in 3rd gear and they can get used to the atv before learning to shift. I started in first, then went to 2nd and now my son is on third and just starting to learn to shift, all in two days. FYI, He is not a speed freak, he really respects the machine and its power. Also, the Honda has full running boards that connect from the front fender to the rear fender.(Better than the Eton)
The Honda is about $500 more and if it is going to be passed down you need not worry. I am not so sure on the Eton. All knocks on the Eton are about suspension and poor seat comfort and after driving my sons it means a LOT!!! to be comfortable and stable at the higher end of the speed cycle. The Eton is shorter, narrower and seat height is higher which makes it less stable at higher speeds.
I do think they are both great atvs. Don't buy the 2 stroke if you do not need it. Next year Eton is going all four stroke!!(According to the Eton dealer, due to the EPA)
Good Luck!!
Raz

I, like Raz, bought a TRX 90 also and the lack of features apparently doesn't effect resale value. I looked at KBB.com for these resale values on the mentioned quads:
05 E-Ton 90....1625
05 Dinili 90......1560
05 Honda TRX 90...2060

Keep that in mind if you plan to sell when the kids outgrow it.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer

Bought a trx 90 today daughter loves it. She cant shift but has been riding in 2nd gear. Very pleased with my choice.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:37 AM
Trailblazer

Just wanted to say I just purchased the Eton Viper 90R for my son on his 5th birthday and has had not a single problem reaching handbrake and he loves his ATV. This is his first ATV and love the option to govern it down to as little as 12 MPH. Top speed of the Viper 90R Four stroke was 38 MPH that was with me on it 235lbs on a good day and my brother on my P700.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

The DRX90 is the best value in stock form....

http://www.drrinc.com

The 2007 DRX90 comes std with dual a arms, new improved suspension, 4 whl disk brakes, 42" wide stance (very stable and will be upgraded to 44" in March), performance engine set up in "stock" form, along with a performance pipe....Optional water cooling and quality company to back them up!!

Whenever I hit the track and a parent sees the DRX models they immediately inquire about how to get one...

It would cost you a lot more money to make the Eton or Dinli the same.

The Honda's are nice since you can shift, so that is a plus...It is a 4 stroke and not a 2 stroke so their is no oil to mix or inject....but they are not as performance packed in stk form

Honda's are around $2,700 and the DRX90 is around $2,200-$2,300??

I still think that the DRX90 should be given a serious look....Even a DRX50 would be a good choice.....You would be surpirsed how quick the 50 is.....It has won the ATVA 4-6 Stk Championship the last 3 years.....That class is very limiting to what you can do the quads, so that should say a lot for the stock DRX50.

It has all the same features as the 90, but it is only 41" wide (due to ATVA stk width maximum)

Here is a link the 06 DRX50 review and a video link on the bottom right hand side...It shows the 06 (less features) in action in stock form...

http://www.atvscene.com/machines/drr...idetest-06.htm

2007 DRX50 is $1,999

Good luck with your choice

Old 02-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ddrumman2004
Originally posted by: Raz06
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I just purchased a 2006 HondaTRX90 for my nine year old and it is perfect for him. It took about one hour for him to be comfortable riding in 2nd gear. We have a flat open field with some trees I planted that he drives around. My daughter rides it also and she just turned 7. She is comfortable in 2nd gear(about 7-10 mph). The only problem with the 90 cc class is the weight issue. These atvs average 250 pounds and cornering is definitely harder for my daughter because she is very petite in size. If you are not trail riding and dodging around obstacles the 90cc is perfect.
I pondered for a month on deciding between the Eton 90 or the TRX90. The honda is the more stable of the two. It is very comfortable at peak 3rd gear(about 20mph). As far as braking goes, with the Honda gearing it decellarates?? very fast. At low to mid range speeds you don't need hardly any if not at all, the brakes. the atv does it itself. They should be taught to use the foot brake and not the hand brake(for the rear).
I personally went with the Honda beause of the 4 stroke and reliability and I am not dissapointed at all. The atv has enough starting power in 3rd gear and they can get used to the atv before learning to shift. I started in first, then went to 2nd and now my son is on third and just starting to learn to shift, all in two days. FYI, He is not a speed freak, he really respects the machine and its power. Also, the Honda has full running boards that connect from the front fender to the rear fender.(Better than the Eton)
The Honda is about $500 more and if it is going to be passed down you need not worry. I am not so sure on the Eton. All knocks on the Eton are about suspension and poor seat comfort and after driving my sons it means a LOT!!! to be comfortable and stable at the higher end of the speed cycle. The Eton is shorter, narrower and seat height is higher which makes it less stable at higher speeds.
I do think they are both great atvs. Don't buy the 2 stroke if you do not need it. Next year Eton is going all four stroke!!(According to the Eton dealer, due to the EPA)
Good Luck!!
Raz

I, like Raz, bought a TRX 90 also and the lack of features apparently doesn't effect resale value. I looked at KBB.com for these resale values on the mentioned quads:
05 E-Ton 90....1625
05 Dinili 90......1560
05 Honda TRX 90...2060

Keep that in mind if you plan to sell when the kids outgrow it.

If you look at the retail/MSRP of the Honda it didn't hold it's overall dollar value anymore than the others.. The 05 TRX90 is listed at $2,649 MSRP so it dropped $589

Not sure what the 05 Eton retailed at, but the 07 Eton 90 is listed at $2,199...dropped $574 ( I think the 05 MSRP may have even been lower)

If you looked at value loss in percentages then the Honda lost less (22% vs 26% by the E Ton), but overall dollars it lost more value

Old 02-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Range Rover

Reading over this topic, even thou its over a year old, and someone else brought it back up to the top..

I would have to say the Eton 90R is going to be the best bang for the buck. Its 4 stroke, good parts availablity, easy to ride, adjustable suspension, good power, and a short list of other things. I am glad a no name company like ETON is completely competitive with the other "name brands".

I did look at the Honda befor I decided on the ETON. The seat is better on the Honda, but thats where things end as far as honda being better. I am upgrading the seat on my ETON for a bit softer and plusher ride.

Am I an advocate for ETON, why yes I am.. Dont get me wrong guys, I love Yamahas, Can-Am. But they have not stepped to the plate to take care of the younger generation that are coming into the world of ATV. Eton has came to the plate for the youth (in spades I might add), and beginner rider adult. And as they continue to grow as a company, I beleive they will soon be able to compete with all the quads 500cc and lower within a year or 2, and who knows after that.

And I would also like to add that its not about resale value. Its what the rider feels comfortable with. I dont gives a rats rear end what you think about resale value. I am not going to put my wife or child on a quad just because it has a higher resale value. That is selfish, and plainly insane.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

My son has been riding his predator 90 since 2 weeks before his 4th birthday. My oldest daughter has been riding her trx 90 since she was 7. My middle daughter has been riding her lt80 since she was 5. I have kept the throttles down until 2 months ago.I have never had an incident with any of my kids.I beat safety into their heads. Out of the 3 I would have to say the Honda is the best,followed by the suzuki.The only one that has given me problems (many) is the Polaris. My kids are now 11,9,8,& we have had numerous trips & many hours of riding over the past 4 years.